“Average”

Vien Duong Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 86 Restaurants in Cat Ba
Price range: $2 - $2,150
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A great place to enjoy fresh seafood dishes, Asian favorites and some European dishes we can also prepare it for you. Although you are a vegetarian, we can still make you happy. Affordable, hot rice comes along with all the dishes, fruit dessert options for guests, clean, airy space is all we can do for you. We look forward to serving you
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Pretty average food. Big servings. Fast service. Big place. Servers speak very limited english. Place is near our homestay.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed September 14, 2018

A great seafood restaurant with fresh food, reasonable price. Friendly staff, quick service. The owner is polite and very caring. They make our trip more perfect. Will definitely come back. Love this place.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

In front of the restaurant you see a lot of aquariums and tanks with shrimp, crab, squid and shell food. Maybe we ordered wrong, because we ordered from the menu, but what you get isn't fresh at all. We ordered shrimp and crab and it was served in not more than 30 seconds. They beat MC Donald. The crab I ordeted, with ginger and tomato was not served. Instead I got crab with garlic and butter. I asked for the dish I ordered. They took my dish back and one minute later I got a dish with something as tomato. It was the same crab with garlic and butter, but now with a tomato sauce on it. For me it was over, don't eat at View Duong!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to have a seafood dinner after we got on Cat Ba. Lonely Planet recommended it and our travel agent too. Was supposed to be the specialist seefood place with fresh produce. Our experience was pretty weak. I'm not a big seafood eater so I can't compare well. However, we didn't get exactly what we wanted and it wasn't hot. Also the dishes on the menu weren't very inviting for seafood noobs. I got grilled prawns with garlic and that's what I got. No seasoning or sauce, just soy sauce and chili. And no side dish. In the end the waiter got me plain rice but it didn't go well with grilled seafood. If this is the amazing seafood experience, I will gladly exchange it for a Hanoi banh mi. Regarding the freshness of their produce. Yes, they do have water tanks with live animals, but so do many other restaurants. I don't see why this one is special. I also didn't see them take any live animals out to cook them. The tanks are probably more a storage storage / marketing plot. The animals are most likely 'pre-processed' during the day. Other reviewers' stories mention stale re-heated food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018

This is a very good sea food restaurant I did visit two times! I ate fried prawns and squid and drank a Saigon beer! Staff was service minded but didn´t talk much English. However they gave me something extra after the dinner a fruit not included in the bill, much appreciated! The food was very well prepared at tasted very good.

Date of visit: May 2018