Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
$27
View deal
Trip.com
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at one of their standard rooms for some nights during our stay in Cat Ba.

There is nothing too exciting about the room other than maybe the balcony with a beautiful view over the bay. It's clean and also spacious. Only downsides were the missing shower tub (bathroom is more of a wet cell), the missing insolation (very cold nights in December) and the really really hard beds.

Staff is super friendly and they also showed us different rooms before we booked them.

So it maybe wasn't the creme de la creme but for US$50/night for two people this was a pretty good deal.

Room tip: Deluxe Rooms and categories above have a shower tub if you should wish for one.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived looking forward to a hot shower but the shower just didn't work and there was no hot water. Room was ok, floor had hair and dust on it. Nice view but we have spent two days cruising already so the view is not that important. Had dinner at a local restaurant. There was noisy karaoke going until reasonably late from a function downstairs. Was not worth the price but had no choice as it was included as part of the tour. There was no heating in the room and it was winter so I had to put three quilts on the bed to be warm and make a hot water bottle from an empty water container.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bylanders
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Our Check in was after a hiking tour. Shower was not possible hot water was missing power for heating wasn't available. After taking a shower your hole bathroom is like a lake. Light in the room is not comfortable. Breakfast was poor. Wifi was available but slow. At the evening there was a Samsung party which was very noisy. City center and beach is not far away. View to the city and harbour is ok. Bad englisch skills.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Only stayed for 1 night as part of the Grey Line tour of Ha Long Bay.
Clean, and comfortable rooms apart from the very hard beds. Good views from balcony.
Easy walk into town...good photography at the end of town water front.
Very kind and courteous staff.
Food was very good.
Well recommended.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Try to avoid this place, however, you may not be able to, because it comes as an extra night when you book a Halong Bay cruise. The other reviews are correct...the rooms are big, but everything is run down to being worn out. Having said that I had a bad experience with the Management over the taking of my passport. They said they needed a photocopy. I said I would give them a copy because I carry spares. That wasn't good enough. My passport was thrown into a heap with about 20 others on the Reception desk. I asked when I could have it back and was told I would get it back when I checked out. About 2 hours later I went past the Reception desk to find it unattended, but guess what?...all the passports were still sitting on the desk in a pile. The Receptionist finally returned and that's when the trouble started. After a lot of demanding I finally got my passport back. The tour guide and Manager tried every excuse under the sun; together with threatening me, and advising me to not go out onto the street at night. This would have to be one of the worste hotels I have ever come across.

Date of stay: August 2013