“Awesome moment spent there! :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Lodges d'Andrea & L'Exil

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riviere des Anguilles
Les Lodges d'Andrea & L'Exil
Beau Bassin - Rose Hill
“Awesome moment spent there! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was really awesome... The quad biking enormous :)

Memorable moments:
1 ) The exquisite mauritian dishes.
2 ) Quad Biking
3 ) The swimming Pool
4 ) The sea view (awesome)

A place to be with your family or friends 5 stars *****

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We went there for our office end of year party and it was just the best i could have, after the exciting quad trip and the very good lunch, relaxing in the nice pool was just the best way to finish the day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I chose Andrea after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.

We spent one night as a family. No regrets.

Breathtaking views of waves crashing on the rocky shores in the comfort of a bedroom.
Remember to bring mosquito repellent to apply directly on the skin. When walking in the garden or if we open the bedroom doors, they just seem to zoom on us.

No TV so it makes for a refreshing change as children tend to be glued to tv.
I did bring some reading material.
My kids (6 and 11) loved to play in the pool near the restaurant.

When not in the pool they were teasing each other as they had nothing else to do.

We all went for a short walk (around 45 mins) in the parc au cerfs along the coast line. Magnificent and breathtaking views.

We had an excellent gourmet 3 course meal dinner. The waitress was super nice, smiling and with lots of helpful suggestions on our stay.

The Quad bike tour is great. The guides are sweet. Remember to bring sunscreen, a bottle of water - you get thirsty- and sunglasses and maybe a big handkerchief to protect your face (like cowbows) as the trails are dusty when dry. I was a passenger with my husband riding the bike and I enjoyed the view and the ride. Brought my things in a backpack and strapped it to the back of my chair. At some point the back pack fell and we had to go back to look for it. So better to strap it to you or make sure the back pack is securely fixed to the back of the passenger seat. If a bit loose, it can fall with the bumpy rides. As it is I was lucky my camera was still working.

Arms tend to be a bit sore the next day - of a good kind - for me from holding on to the side bars and my husband's from riding.

Makes us want to come back. My daughter is negotiating - if she does well at school next year she'd like to come back at Andrea.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was introduced to Andrea's by a Mauritian friend.

We had a delightful lunch and the scenery was absolutely divine. I only wish I would have been able to stay here for a few nights...a great place to recharge!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pwiii
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Even as a regular visitor to the island it took some digging to unearth this gem. Apparently Exil is now closed but Andrea is taking up the slack. First impressions were of a well tended, secluded getaway and the place fully lived up to expectations. Check in was prompt and painless and was very friendly. The rooms were ideal. Plenty of hot water, decent amenities, cold aircon: sufficiently removed from each other to feel apart, but close enough to the main buildings for convenience.
The beds were of a decent quality and the curtains thick enough so that the dawn did not unnecessarily awake one.
The food was very good indeed and the service efficient and prompt. My partner has some special requirements which were met without any hassle - in fact the chef took it as a challenge to keep my wife happy! Well done indeed. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all up to the same high standard. The only improvement would be to have a larger choice of wines.
The highlight however is the location. Perched on top of the cliffs, next to a valley, it really is unique and has one of the best natural spots on the whole island.

I would recommend everyone does the quad biking on site. Not only are the bikes fun (even if you are experienced there are areas where you can play) but the scenery you see on the trails is wonderful.
I would recommend it as a great alternative to the normal beach fare.

Room Tip: Air conditioned, and about 4/5 away from main building.