“Lovely weeky by the sea”
other travelers have booked this property
50 meters from miles of sandy beach private secure garden.  All dogs welcome and come free.
The bungalow is 50 meters from miles of promenade and dog friendly and blue flag sandy beach and Miles of beautiful clean   golden sandy and dog friendly beaches. You can often have it to yourself.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Modern, clean, cosy, peaceful, relaxing private bungalow.  FREE Wi-Fi.
Sunny front and back gardens.
Double bedroom with TV,  Overhead / wall mounted cupboards and wardrobe / hanging space.
The seals just along the coast 1000's of seals on the beach having pups a 'must see' in late autumn.
High Street view from the beach - plenty of cafe's and shops with a ban on amusement arcades - peace
Traditional family entertainment - walk from the bungalow or plenty of parking if you prefer.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SashaBay8
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Before you ask, "can it really be that bad," yes it can!”
Reviewed May 19, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Where do I start, well positives, next to the beach in Sutton-on-Sea, Jaywick. And I'm afraid that's where he fun ends. Steptoe's yard ( the parking area) was filled with nosy Nora's with too much time on their hands. Straining round their doors there were intermittent shouts of "don't park there." In the end I crammed the car into the narrowest of driveways in front of the patio doors and backing onto a fast main road with a blind corner.

The 'bungalow' itself is reminiscent of the holiday camps of the 60's, rows of regimented tiny dwellings, and I don't use the term 'tiny' loosely. Not that this, of course was mentioned in the blurb before I booked. Having crouched through the patio doors to a wall of smell, it hit you, not the smell, the size of the place. Designed by the inventor of Tetris, everything was jammed in at bizarre angles in order to make it fit. One step in each direction you were in another cubicle . There was no way that 3 grown adults and 2 large dogs could possibly stay in there with luggage, absolutely no way. The smell however was a mouldy/damp smell; a combination of the local petting farm and a pair of zoo keepers' wellies. We turned on the heating which was On = Deolali, India, Off = damp. The sofa/ sofa bed was equivalent to sitting on a wood pile. Good luck to anyone bedding down there for the night.

The carpet in the bedroom is vile as are the curtains and furnishings. Everything is drab and looks dirty. The mattress in the main bedroom has a dip in the middle which vertically lands you in a well on the floor and the futon and mattress in the second booth are ridiculously uncomfortable and clumpy. Springs were plentiful. Apparently, according to the owner the furnishings and fittings were all new in 2016 although I have evidence to the contrary.

The second room you have to schedule when each of you will move unless you have been fitted with indicators and break lights. It has a bunk bed which is still a mystery to me how it was built in there. Wall to wall on three sides with about one foot clearance on the fourth side. No room obviously for a cupboard, wardrobe or drawers, so cases have to stay in the 'lounge'. There are no proper doors in this accommodation as you and I know a door to be. To say we all argued for a comfortable night sleeping in the car was an understatement.

In fact we were so disappointed and disillusioned we didn't make a night. We couldn't have stayed. The property was not as we had been led to believe, so after 3 hours of driving on the road, we packed up the car and left for another 3 hours on the road. It had ruined our Bank Holiday weekend and my Birthday. I text the owner straight away. His reply was, " I don't know what to say". After that he did not reply to my texts. No refund was offered and although I took the matter up with Trip Advisor, it seemed he was only interested in stopping me writing a bad review. Perhaps that is why my review does not equate to the other 5 star reviews. I leave it to you to work that one out.

I'd like to say to Sutton-on-Sea bungalow rot in hell, but I think it already has. Never, ever again. Unfortunately though, there will always be some who want a quick way to make a buck.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
JasmineJa...
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

As a frequent traveler to Sutton-on-Sea and the surrounding areas. I have stayed at dozens of hotels and apartments starting in the early 1980's and continuing to the present. I don't think you can find a smaller, more cramped place in the town. The hallway to my room was barely wide enough to fit the modest luggage I had. No dresser to put your clothes in, just a thin closet for hanging in the over bed in my guests room (bring hangable underwear.....). You cant do worse for the price, and that says it all in this town. I will never consider staying here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Marmitey
“Lovely weeky by the sea”
Reviewed May 14, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Just had a week here and it was lovely. The bungalow is fitted out to a high standard and is very clean and comfortable. Literally 5 mins walk to the promenade and another 5-10mins to dog friendly beach. Would recommend.

Jane Ann...
“Great pet freindly holiday stay.”
Reviewed April 3, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Great location, near to Sutton and of course the fabulous prom !. The bungalow was excellent, clean and welcoming. Even the dog relaxed, just an ideal place.

Debbie J
“Perfect location”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked at short notice for last weekend and received comprehensive e-mails from Tim about the bungalow and surrounding area.
On arrival, the house smelled beautifully fresh and clean and was well designed to maximise the compact space. Indeed, whole place sparkled The kitchen was particularly well equipped with every utensil you would need and plenty of crockery and glassware.
It literally is a few metres from the glorious beach and only 5 minutes walk into the town.
It's so difficult to find book somewhere that will take three dogs so this was a real find and we would thorough recommend it for a pooch or non-pooch holiday.

Val L
“Home from Home”
Reviewed January 13, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

The moment we walked in, it felt like Home, very warm,Very clean, Easy parking,everything in there,even an hair dryer which was better than the one we took.secure garden, dogs loved it and they were safe. Very close to the fantastic beach.we will most defiantly be back this year.well worth a visit.

Louise K
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“LOVELY STAY”
Reviewed January 12, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed between 27th - 30th December 2016, a family of 5 and a Springer Spaniel.

The property is so close to the beach we could let the kids (14, 11 and 11) take the dog down to it and not worry.

The bungalow itself is very well equipped for a short stay.

Highly recommend this property to anyone,

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing