“Superb food”

Kings Head Inn
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Mablethorpe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: David and Jackie welcome you to The Kings Head Inn. Built in the 16th century it is renowned for its warm, friendly atmosphere and personal service - truly a 'home from home'. Set on the edge of Theddlethorpe a village in the county of Lincolnshire, England. Situated approximately four miles north of Mablethorpe on the coast of the North sea The Kings Head Inn owned by David and Jackie, believes that everyone should enjoy food made from the best ingredients and prepared with care and imagination. On the restaurant page are some sample menus with a flavour of what you can expect at The Kings Head Cards are accepted apart from American Express and if a purchase is under £10 there is a £2 surcharge many thanks.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited The King's Head Inn in Theddlethorpe last weekend. We had 2 meals there, Friday evening and Sunday lunch. Both meals were excellent. Very good value and high quality food, the veg being home grown. The owner Jackie was very friendly and gave us helpful advice about the area, ands our dog was made to feel very welcome in the bar, where there was a cosy log fire. We would highly recommend this to any visitors to the Mablethorpe area.

1  Thank M2TJB

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Kings Head Theddlethorpe is a beautiful Inn set on the outskirts of Louth.
My husband and I recently had a ride out to find out why everyone was talking about this place.
On arrival we received a fantastic welcome from the staff,the place was warm and homely.
There was a great choice on the menu to choose from.
I had the King Prawns with Chilli and Sambuca and my husband enjoyed the Black Pudding with apple & stilton tower and wow what a great choice,the flavours were amazing.
Main Course I had the Belly Pork with a cider sauce and my husband chose the Seabass wrapped with prawns served with a dill sauce,the food was fresh and really tasty.
Although we were full we were convinced to choose from the dessert menu Chocolate Brandy Pot and Vanilla Berry Cheese Cake and we were not disappointed,all this for around £50 best meal we have had in ages.
I would highly recommend having a ride out to this Inn as the food is amazing!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

There is nothing I could fault about this homely welcoming inn. Good beer, fabulous service, goooooooooorgeous food (Lincoln red beef at its very best) and homemade horseradish sauce that had been picked that very morning. (Really, its simply the greatest sauce of its kind in the world!!!). The freshest veg I've ever eaten from any pub on a Sunday. It's packed with flavour, bright, colourful and still with a bit of bite... Homemade yorkies ACE!!!! Easy worth the £9.25 for that alone but, go to £10.95 for a pud as well and you wont be disappointed. I simply cannot do the puddings justice in words... Heaven would be a good one to start with. Massive compliments to the chef :)

Pub itself is spotlessly clean, parsnip crisps on tables and other crisps on bar, open fire, folded mini towels in clean loos with handcreams etc. Little homely touches everywhere - bliss.

Staff should all be very very proud of their little thatched gem. A pleasure to visit at all times and we will be back soon certainly. I want to make this my "not-so-local local". Keep up the wonderful work.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Although we have only been twice for lunch, owner Jackie treats us like valued regulars and made an effort to prepare a vegetarian meal for me not on the menu with a fresh squash and other vegetables from her garden. Both meals we've had at The King's Head have been excellent, my partner's Sunday roasts have been the best she's ever had. The food is London gastro pub quality at reasonable Lincolnshire prices. Jackie clearly cares about her cooking and her customers, it's evident in every aspect of the restaurant. Fab beer as well. Could not recommend more highly.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

generous portions of reasonably planned fantastic food in a beautiful pub, with friendly hosts. i just wish i lived closer

1  Thank Peter T