“Our family stay at myrtle lodge”
Review of Myrtle Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Myrtle Lodge
Ranked #3 of 11 Mablethorpe B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have stayed twice at myrtle lodge both times in the family rooms one is larger than the other but both are more than adequate lovely and clean and very friendly the breakfasts are great and no request is too much trouble. I would recommend the guest house to anyone,if you enjoy fresh and clean accommodation you will enjoy myrtle lodge. Lorraine Foster

Room Tip: It does not have a pool and there are no children's activities at the hotel but there is a swimm...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorraine F

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here in extreme weather wich was very cold, made it a little bit drafty,but the proprietor was great fab location,clean and great full english, that's why you choose a b&b and not a travel lodge, will recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank nessa213
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited mablethorpe before but only for the day so decided to stay at easter I was disapointed with the room as the bed was in the window so you couldn't sit up the TV was to high and we were laid down trying to watch it when we went back late evening we like a cup of tea before bed and had to bring miik in as it was not replenished we were there for 3 days then brekfast not enough tables and you had to sit with people you didn't know each day it was someone diffferent I hated it the girl who serve breabfast was very slow thought we were never going to get it not for us wouldn't go again

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank joejem2
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We originally booked to stay 5 nights from Saturday 15th September 2012. We were so impressed that we extended our stay to the following Saturday. The room was great with a comfortable bed, breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day. Myrtle Lodge is in an excellent location being central for the beach, restaurants and Queens Park. We were very impressed with Darren and his team who were friendly and helpful. We will be having another holiday there don't miss out. Regards Garry & Su

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garry D
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at myrtle lodge Saturday to Sunday , very friendly reception on arrival
Couldn't of asked for better :)
Great central location with amenities , great breakfast to start your day and value for money well done , a family run business .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I don't which Myrtle Lodge the last couple stayed at because it wasn't the same one we visited. We (also a young married couple) arrived at 11am on a bank holiday Sunday, having already enquired elsewhere in Mablethorpe to be either told they had been booked up for weeks or they required a minimum 2 night stay. We were offered the last room which was a twin rather than a double but for one night we didn't mind and were glad that we had somewhere to stay.

The property has ample parking and the host Darren is pleasant. The room was clean and tidy and the beds and pillows were very comfy. Breakfast was very filling with cereal, toast and fried breakfast on offer.

With regards to the last review, the tv in our room was situated a little high but who goes on holiday to watch tv?

The Myrtle Lodge is a nice b&b and is better than other b&b's in Mablethorpe which we've stayed in recently and we would certainly stay there again when visiting Mablethorpe.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've stayed here once before on my own and that wasnt the pleasantest of stays either.
This time I stayed with my husband in a double room and it was at first sight a quaint adequate room. Clean bedsheets, a tea caddy on the cabinet with teabags and coffee, a few milks and cups etc. But the kettle was the first let down it was a cheap complicated kettle that wire wasn't long enough so you had to dis-attach it from the back of it to pour the water. After the first night, we came back in to watch telly which was extremely difficult considering the telly was way too high up on the wall. In the end we gave up as even with glasses on i struggled to see the screen and it left us with aches in our necks. It was also a very old outdated small tv set. The wardrobe didn't have nearly enough coat-hangers provided for two people. The most what was the worst of the trip was the shower. Small, but enough room. However, it had to be balanced perfectly between the heat settings or else it was either scorching or freezing. Also my husband couldn't shower straight after me or vice versa as if the shower was left on for too long (about 10 mins) it started making a clattering steaming noise and came back scorching hot to the point I had to jump out the shower with shampoo in my hair because i was getting burnt on my shoulders. Also, I tried to just wash my hair in the sink but the sink was too low, as was the toilet and i found them both very uncomfortable to use. I thought at first it was to accommodate disabled guests but as it was up the stairs i realised it wouldn't be. The second biggest issue i had was the television in the lounge downstairs didn't work correctly, the remote didn't click properly and it was hell just trying to find a channel. The bar was never open yet appeared fully stocked. Darren at first was friendly and chatty, carrying my bags up to my room and telling us the basics on breakfast etc. As the week progressed though his attitude seemed to change and he became sarcastic and a bit disrespectful about rules we were following. (no eating in the rooms so we ate in the lounge yet we were criticised for it) The breakfast also disappointing, cooking fine but the portions were a bit ridiculous. A small sausage, one small slice of bacon, chopped tomatoes instead of cooked and only a tiny amount of beans. Fried bread and toast fine, but hard to open sauce packets that i expect in a cafe not a b&b. Overall the sauce choices were varied though, and it was nice to be offered cereal and orange juice as well. I think because we were a fairly young married couple he treated us differently to that of an older couple. I liked that we didn't have a time we had to be back in the place that some places do, but i think overall it wasn't an enjoyable place to stay. There were also lots of cobwebs and spiders i saw about the place which made me uneasy. The rates are cheap and I can see why. Last time when i stayed alone the shower and toilet werent in the room and i ended up locking myself out because of it. that shower didnt work either and the light in the toilet was automatic and after so long it clicks off so at night when it went off it gave me a nasty shock. Also whilst staying this year, I had been saving £15 especially for gifts on the last day in my money envelope and £5 went missing and i never found it. I checked the drawers and all around the room it was never found so i don't understand where it went. This also happened to me last time i suspected some money had gone missing but i passed it off. I'm not accusing darren or his staff but i know that the £5 had not been spent and cleaners had accessed my room to clean whilst we were out. Darren is a relatively nice man but his b&b is outdated and dull, needs a revamp and needs modernising. Seems like hes lost interest in his work and working with the public and has let the decor and rooms be neglected. I tried not to think of it so badly but my opinion worsened as the time wore on. If you like luxury and expect a cosy stay this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple