“a hidden gem”

and 1 more site!
The Whistledown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warrenpoint
Reviewed February 9, 2013

totally surprised by the whistledown- very friendly staff, really well decorated rooms (well i did have the bridal suite) and such good value for money. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely and reasonably priced too. the view from the room was to die for - sea/loch view from a really comfortable bed. Business travellers (as i am) use this place over and above any venues in Newry. i will be back.

Room Tip: 108 is the bridal suite ..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kittyirvine

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times in my past visits to Warrenpoint.
This place doesn't disappoint. The menu is varied with enough options for any taste. No reservations needed even on weekends. It's possible to eat in a casual setting in the bar or more formally in the restaurant upstairs. I have always eaten upstairs, the view is fantastic if seated by the window. The staff are friendly and very attentive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank wbm863
Reviewed January 19, 2013

last minute decision for a January break with a friend. Found a DBB deal and made a rush decision. We were so pleased we did. Fantastic food, great room, lovely views and nothing too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: top floor is best!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Irishgirls4ever
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My sister-in law is getting married at this hotel next April and she and her Fiance wanted us to see the hotel and have a bite to eat. We brought our two young sons and our niece with us so there were 7 of us in total, we hadn't made a reservation and when we arrived it was quite busy, there was no hassle getting a table, we had a five minute wait for them to arrange our table setting but our kids were kept amused with all the beautiful Christmas decorations. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the children were given colouring in kits to keep them amused. The food was extremely tasty and plenty of it and the childrens portions were great. The wine selection is quite extensive with a good price range. The toilets were clean but there was only 1 ladies and 1 gents with a bit of a queue at the ladies but as I said it was very busy. We didn't get a chance to see the bedrooms but we seen the function room where my sister-in law is getting married and I can only imagine that it is going to be beautiful. To sum up, the premises is really well manitained with a modern twist to the decor, staff very helpfula nd friendly and the food and wine was delicious with a child friendly/family atmosphere. The only thing I would say in a negative way is poor parking facilities. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dshar
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here after visiting Santa at his cottage in Hilltown. We were very disappointed with the initial family room we were offered however when I expressed this to the receptionist she kindly moved us to a beautiful suite with a fantastic view. We also ate in the restaurant which was very nice with a reasonably priced and well stocked wine list. The staff really are a credit to the owners, every single one was polite and generally interested in chatting with our young son. He unfortunately bumped his head on the car door and Elizabeth rushed to get him some ice for the swelling and returned with a packet of sweets to cheer him up.The only reason I haven't given the hotel five stars is I feel the rooms are slightly overpriced. However I would have no hesitation in recommending it if you are visiting Warrenpoint or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Looby36
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The room was clean and tastefully decorated. The bed comfy and I slept very well. A colleague of mine was listening to a generator alnight and in my own room there was a hum of something (not sure what) but I slept well in my own room, The shower wa sgreat and the toiletries pleasant and useable.
The room was cold, despite changing the radiator but this was not a massive problem as the duvet was very warm.
The breakfast (only meal taken) was outstanding, proper poached eggs and value for money. I would stay here again. In fact I would find a reason to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WeiryTraveller
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was told that the Whistledown Hotel served lovely food and we were not disappointed. My husband and I found the 2 night break a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Food excellent,our room modern and clean, the staff friendly,polite always greeted with a smile. When I called the hotel to enquire about a deal they had, a very helpful lady called Elizabeth made me aware of a better deal. That for me is excellent customer service. The Whistledown Hotel we will return and soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 114Bren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenpoint
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk

Been to The Whistledown Hotel? Share your experiences!