“Unfortunately not impressed, long waiting time and many mistakes”
Review of Fusion

Fusion
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Warrenpoint
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: “ FUSION” is an Italian Restaurant with a “twist” and we try to bring to Warrenpoint all our tradition & experience The recipes at Fusion are made with the freshest ingredients available and it offers a full selection of daily specials that are sure to delight everyone “Fusion Restaurant” strives to honour the tradition of classic Italian Cuisine where the integrity of handcrafted ingredients is paramount. We use only the best Italian products and our pasta is crafted in house from only Italian flour, free-range eggs, sea salt and filtered water. Our goal is to merge our Italian CUISINE with an international “Fusion” of tastes & flavours !!
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to eat at Fusion with our 3 year old and had an early reservation at 6.30pm. Hubby and I had a three-course meal and our child took the sausages and mash meal. At first we were very impressed with the place and thought we would be in for a treat. The menu looked very appealing and the child was kept happy with some colouring pens given by the staff. For starter we had pan fried scallops and Carlingford mussels, both were lovely, no issue there apart maybe that the plate of scallops was a bit on the skinny side (3 scallops sprinkled with black pudding crumbs) but this was not too much of a bother as it was nice. Then it started to go downhill... We waited nearly an hour for our main course to arrive, we had ordered pan fried breast of duck (requested medium rare) and curry monkfish. The waitress apologised for the delay but we were accommodating and said no problem. When the plates eventually arrived the duck breast was dry, brown and really overcooked (not medium rare and juicy as we expected), it was obvious the plate had been left in an oven too long, maybe waiting for the monkfish to be plated and even the sauce looked dried up on the side of the plate. The monkfish was very nice but the duck had to be returned to the kitchen which meant that hubby and I didn't eat our main course together but separately and with a further delay. The side served with it was a simple bowl of boiled baby potatoes between the two of us, I would recommend ordering extra sides if you want more on your plate. Our toddler's plate of sausages and mash with gravy was nice but with the waiting time around the adults' meal it got increasingly difficult to keep the child calm and content. After nearly 2 hours since arrival time we had just finished the main course and the child was getting tired and cranky. Another waiter came to apologize stating they were just having a bad night. We proceeded to order the desserts as swiftly as we could but waited another 1/2h for them to appear and it didn't deliver once again. The strawberry cheesecake was looking very sad on the plate: the cheese wasn't set, it was more like a gooey cream and the base was very hard to cut with the spoon and way too salty (i have to add we are NOT fussy eaters, but in my opinion a cheesecake shouldn't be a difficult dessert to achieve for a restaurant of such reputation). Lemon tart was nice and our child's strawberry ice cream was appreciated after such a long waiting time and some tantrums. We left at 9pm 2.5h after we arrived, with a very tired and grumpy child who had passed bedtime. We didn't really get much apology and no discount whatsoever even though we got quite a few drinks to pass the time. Other tables seem to be getting impatient too but I have to say we were the ones who waited the longest which is unfortunate as we had a toddler with us. Our family evening meal which we anticipated to be lovely when we first arrived turned out a bit sour due to some annoying mistakes such as long waiting time, overcooked meat and a simple dessert that didn't deliver. For such a raved restaurant and for the price, we thought it was a bit sub-standard. Unfortunately I have to say we probably will not return or recommend the place, such a pity as the menu is really appealing and there was potential to have an excellent meal... Let's hope as the waitress said that it was all down to them having a bad run, pity it was the night we decided to go in.

1  Thank IrishFroggie

Reviewed July 29, 2013

food was very good but maybe a little on the skimpy side. I know its fine dining but im glad our table of 4 added the extras which made the meal. a mixture of soup, scallops and prawn were the starters ordered. main was pork, steaks and the veg option and just like the starters all 3 were delicious. deserts were cheesecake and donuts. although they tasted really nice i have to say the presentation compared to other courses was not that special.I would give it 8.5 out of 10 for food.
my biggest criticism were the staff. when we arrived the restaurant was empty as we had an early reservation. it was busy by the time we left. the staff were very efficient but not very pleasant. they done what they were there to do but no conversation. we tried to crack quite a few jokes with our various waiters but it was definately wasted. i would have given a 5 star review only for the staff. smile people and get involved in a little customer conversation.

1  Thank DanciaJim
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have just returned from Fusion following a very tasty meal. We had a voucher for a three courses meal which was very good value and the food was excellent. We had two children with us and both ate the kids roast dinner followed by the ice cream and I had the chicken wings which were very tasty. My husband had the trio of prawns which I tasted and which were absolutely beautiful. We both ordered the steak but there was a bit of a misunderstanding with the order resulting in the second steak arriving approximately five minutes after the first plate . The waiter couldn't have been more apologetic and came back with complimentary fresh home made bread while waiting for the mains . We then had dessert mine being the cheesecake and my husband's being the baked alaska and both were lovely. Definitely will be back and will be telling our friends.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us had lunch in this fabulous restaurant yesterday. We were there by accident but we will be back many times. The food was simply superb. I was a fan of No 27 Talbot Street but this food took dining to a new level. Everything was made from scratch and so fresh the catch of the day could have jumped off the plate. The menu was so could that we would happily have eaten all the starters. The trio of prawns was divine and the chicken wings generous and oh so tasty. The ham and chicken terrine was exceptionally good. In the mains department the terrine of pork was the most amazing array of flavours that all complimented one another. We thought we could not have managed dessert but as the food was so good we forced ourselves. So glad we did - eveything freshly made - even the ice-cream. The mini doughnuts were the best ever and the vodka and lemon dessert not to be missed. The whole experience was topped of by being able to have dessert outside where the food made you feel you had just had lunch in a top European restaurant. Service 10/10 too!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I saw an offer on Groupon and thought it would be nice to take my Mum for her birthday. I had never heard of the restaurant before but was really impressed. The food was fabulous, I had the scallops and my mum the soup for starters both were excellent. I had the monkfish and mum the hake as a main again superb, the monkfish was amazing. I had the apple crumble and mum the cheesecake for dessert both were good. The staff were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Would certainly recommend it and will go again.

1  Thank 10Scooby10