“New York Nights in Warrenpoint”
Review of Fusion

Fusion
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Warrenpoint
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Or that's what it feels like at Fusion! The memories of eateries off Broadway are strong and the NY experience is complete for that's where Mark who owns Fusion spend some time working.

Mark O'Kane has an edge, a wider world vision brought home to Warrenpoint and it's there in the approach to the food.
Ambiance, conversation, intelligent interest in the fare and the service. That's the Mark way.

Confeit of Duck...waoo!! but they took it off the menu. The Chef needs to listen and leave intact a menu that's working.
Fusion is an impressive dining experience and you even have a singing waiter Danny.

I like this place and wish Mark and the staff well on this first anniversary of opening.

Rowan Hand

1  Thank Rowan H

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I think Newry area is awful for choices of descent dining - we normally eat out in Belfast.

However this place suprised me. We ate here in mid Jan Excellent menu (very extensive) , excellent food, really really good and also nice atmosphere about the place.

I had the lamb & friends had steaks, and chicken. Really nice food & very well presented.

Dont miss the deserts!

1  Thank andun5
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On visiting Warrenpoint for the first time i was invited out for a meal at restaurant Fusion. Greeted instantly on arrival and shown our table where we ordered a bottle of the house red, a really nice Rioja, The waitress was lovely and the restaurant really well designed adding to the warm atmosphere of the place. I ordered an excellent starter of pork belly with plaice and followed that delightful dish with the duck option for my main course, i couldn't rave about this dish enough.. honestly one of the best meals i've ever eaten. All in all Fusion offers friendly service in a stylish restaurant with outstanding food.. what more could you ask for.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my third time eating out in Fusion and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend was eating here for the first time and after 2 days is still talking about it. We both had Porkbelly & Plaice for starters, the Plaice was crispy with a curry flavour and the Porkbelly was melt in the mouth yumminess. For mains I had the Venison and he had the Duck. We were both blown away by the flavours in each dish which were all distinct and recognisable and at the same time blending so well with everything else on the plate. The Duck dish had an intricate little addition of a duck egg wrapped in crispy strings of potato, not sure how it was put together or cooked, but it was beautiful! For dessert I had the Brownie (heaven in a bowl) with marshmallow ice-cream, he had the cheeseboard. I can't praise the food enough but I can't stop there ... the service was so friendly we felt like there was no one else but us there, the house wine was a beautiful Rioja and we loved the place so much that we stayed for drinks after our meal. We will both be back again and again, I cannot recommend Fusion highly enough. Thank you!

2  Thank TraffsOtherHalf
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A group of 8 visited Fusion restaurant for their 7 course tasting menu! We were greeted at the door with a glass of champagne each&immediately shown to our table. The mood was perfectly set with a girl playing the harp throughout the course of the evening! All 7 courses were fantastic&well thought out! The varied choice of wines, beers&cocktails enhanced our evening! We will definately be back to Fusion restaurant as the staff&food made our night one to never forget. Many thanks to all involved!!

1  Thank slmbear