“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fusion

Fusion
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Warrenpoint
Cuisines: European, Spanish, British
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

On visiting Warrenpoint for the first time i was invited out for a meal at restaurant Fusion. Greeted instantly on arrival and shown our table where we ordered a bottle of the house red, a really nice Rioja, The waitress was lovely and the restaurant really well designed adding to the warm atmosphere of the place. I ordered an excellent starter of pork belly with plaice and followed that delightful dish with the duck option for my main course, i couldn't rave about this dish enough.. honestly one of the best meals i've ever eaten. All in all Fusion offers friendly service in a stylish restaurant with outstanding food.. what more could you ask for.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank David T

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Finally a restaurant in Warrenpoint that makes eating out a real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my third time eating out in Fusion and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend was eating here for the first time and after 2 days is still talking about it. We both had Porkbelly & Plaice for starters, the Plaice was crispy with a curry flavour and the Porkbelly was melt in the mouth yumminess. For mains I had the Venison and he had the Duck. We were both blown away by the flavours in each dish which were all distinct and recognisable and at the same time blending so well with everything else on the plate. The Duck dish had an intricate little addition of a duck egg wrapped in crispy strings of potato, not sure how it was put together or cooked, but it was beautiful! For dessert I had the Brownie (heaven in a bowl) with marshmallow ice-cream, he had the cheeseboard. I can't praise the food enough but I can't stop there ... the service was so friendly we felt like there was no one else but us there, the house wine was a beautiful Rioja and we loved the place so much that we stayed for drinks after our meal. We will both be back again and again, I cannot recommend Fusion highly enough. Thank you!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank TraffsOtherHalf
derry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A group of 8 visited Fusion restaurant for their 7 course tasting menu! We were greeted at the door with a glass of champagne each&immediately shown to our table. The mood was perfectly set with a girl playing the harp throughout the course of the evening! All 7 courses were fantastic&well thought out! The varied choice of wines, beers&cocktails enhanced our evening! We will definately be back to Fusion restaurant as the staff&food made our night one to never forget. Many thanks to all involved!!

1 Thank slmbear
newry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Me and my boyfriend who are both from the catering industry recently ate in Fusion restaurant. The decor is just beautiful and staff are very friendly... I asked about pinot grigio wines and I was advised on an argentinian wine... I have to say it was very nice... I ordered the pigeon for starters and was very impressed with the flavours....everything just complimented each other on the plate. For mains I had the duck special which came with a duck confit and carmelised onion gnocci. I have to say I would highly recommend this dish. And to finish for dessert I had the most amazing brownie with marshmallow ice cream which I had to ask for a second portion of the ice cream because it was so tasty..... Portion sizes are just right. And good value for money.
My boyfriend had the new red snapper dish off the new a la carte menu and he was very impressed also...
Keep up the good work. And we will definately be back. Thank you again for a lovely nights dining.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marydoll716
“Disappointing..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately not overly impressed with this restaurant. The service was poor, the waitress did seem distracted as if she couldn't wait to go home! She got our wine order wrong, brought the wrong starter for my partner, forgot our side orders... Just didn't seem to be her night but she was at least apologetic. The food was ok, not outstanding but perhaps if everything else hasn't gone wrong it may have been better... Not sure whether I would pay the money for a return visit but who knows, maybe it just wasn't Fusions night!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles