“A good base.”

Bed and Breakfast da Viviana
wye valley
“A good base.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night while doing a tour around Tuscany, Umbria etc. The owner Viviana lives in the property next door so once you have been given the keys to the house you are left to your own devices which is nice. You have the whole house to yourself and there are good kitchen facilities although we ate out. In the morning Viviana comes round and serves breakfast. The house has plenty of literature about local sights and tours some of which Viviana can arrange.
The bedrooms are of a decent size and clean and tidy. Would use this as a base next time if again in the area,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolyne1

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed 1 night. The owner holds you hostage (1 hour) while she goes over the whole town in such detail it is annoying. The rooms are miniscule...The breakfast is a hoot--croissants wrapped in cellophane..like candy made in China and shipped to her. All I can say is stay somewhere else...she is a real pain and the breakfast is a joke. Only thing hot was the coffee!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else....it is not worth dealing with that nut case.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 1Mack
, Proprietario at Bed and Breakfast da Viviana, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I was much surprised to read of your poor impression of our B&B so allow me to respond to your comments:

- I do not hold anyone hostage, I usually reply to the many questions as for most people is the first time they come and do not know anything of the area, but it’s a favour I do and most of my guests truly appreciate my wasting of time considering it a privilege;

- I agree, the bedroom is not so big but fully equipped: Queen size bed (slatted wood and high-quality mattresses) – side tables with lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe, hangers, chair and shelves. The reason is due to the fact that - with the recent renewal - we have decided to make the bathrooms (fully equipped) inside the rooms but - as I always say to my guests, the rest of the house is at disposal (kitchen – dining/sitting room – balconies and of course external areas).
We certainly do not advertise ourselves as being a big hotel, we always point out we are a small B&B and the majority of our guests understand that we have a cosy character and our property offers a family atmosphere.

- Given that Italian law for B&B doesn’t allow you to manipulate food (so no homemade cakes) my offer for the breakfast is the following (as per our website):
Espresso coffee, American coffee, Barley coffee, tea, milk and cocoa, fruit juice, toasted bread with butter, jam, honey, biscuits, cornflakes, muesli, yoghurts, different type of croissants, cheese toasts and on requests eggs.
Of course the croissants are wrapped and I buy food at "Coop" where I am sure I can find the best quality. If one wants to warm a bit the croissant there is a microwave at disposal –
Everything is at disposal also during the day and not only for breakfast. There is the fridge at disposal for juice or yoghurts etc, coffee, tea at disposal for anytime during the day.

I am disappointed that your experience did not meet your expectations and I respect and appreciate any guest’s constructive feed back and as such I am a great fan of Tripadvisor, however I believe some comment can be a little subjective and so thank you for the opportunity to respond.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We spent three nights at this wonderful home. The area is beautiful, and the accommodation is ideal: we had a large bedroom, comfortable bed, and the kitchen is fully equipped. The views are beautiful. As all reviewers note, Viviana herself is perhaps the "icing on the cake". This lady is extremely friendly without being intrusive. We appreciated her English language skills, and she gave us wonderful advice about restaurants. I wish that we could have stayed longer in order to have enjoyed more of the food! Marco was helpful to us when we needed advice about driving to Verona.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maureen056
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

B&B turned out to be one of the most excellent places I had ever been. It is very calm place in a very picturesque region. You can find there everything you need for the comfortable rest of your daily city life. You will be able to enjoy wonderful views and fresh air. But the most admirable point in this trip was the host. She was very kind, warmly welcoming and communicative person. She recommended us wonderful places for eating. They were traditional italian restaurants and pizzerias with very tasty meal- just what we needed! She also gave us good advices where to go to see beautiful views.
It is very comfortable place with homely atmosphere in it. I'll remember this journey for a long time and of course I'll return to B&B again.
Thank you, Viviana, very much!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I want to thank Viviana for the wonderful stay we had at the Bed and Breakfast da Viviana.
the house, the rooms, everything was really nice and clean. little kitchen area plus living room.
the landscape is absolutly beautiful! nice restaurants in the area too.
there is a cheese factory 2 minutes away that you can visit with Viviana, really interesting.
i highly recommand this B&B and would not hesitate to book again.
thanks again for everything Viviana.
Nadine, Montreal

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Castelnovo ne Monti is a precious, precious place. We miss the clean air we were surrounded by there, and the beautiful, unique landscape.... We miss the wonderful, wonderful food we had at every meal.... We miss the B&B – what a peaceful setting it’s in, and what a gorgeous view it has - and Viviana’s very kind, attentive hospitality, especially. I'm still eating the delicious Parmigiano Reggiano cheese we got on our visit to the dairy with her – whenever I eat 'real' Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, I’ll know how it was made because of her kind explanations and tour!

Someday, we hope to visit Castelnovo ne Monti again, in a more relaxed way – we’d like to spend more time there, again with a rental car, exploring the natural wonders of the area and also cities like Modena. It’d be fun to take a day trip to the coast, to Cinque Terra, too. We will definitely see if Viviana can accommodate us at her so welcoming, comfortable B&B then. Till then, we will have the sweet memories of our stay there.

Room Tip: The large room upstairs we stayed in is spacious, comfortable, quiet, clean - the bathroom is not en...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Dear Viviana,
Many thanks for our wonderful stay at B&B Viviana, Castelnuovo ne' Monte.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves both at your lovely B&B (which was like a home away from home), the area and the restaurants. I would like to thank you very much for collecting us from the restaurants twice, which was beyond your obligation but nevertheless sincerely appreciated by me and my brothers.

I don't know if we mentioned it but the first night when we were walking to the restaurant at Busana we saw two deer fighting and one onlooking, a sight for us that was very special and memorable.

Your wonderful homemade yoghurt also remains a memorable talking point for us.
Thanks also to Marco for his attention, interest and efforts to help us plan our day at Castelnuovo, we are still fondly remembering the day that we went to the pietra Bismatova and also circumnavigated it through the tranquil and picturesque surrounding countryside and villages, what a wonderful ride.

Thanks for being such great hosts and ambassadors for a wonderfully friendly Italy.
Your warm hospitality transgresses country borders and helps build a world of connected humanity.
Would like to keep in contact with you both if you are inclined.
Again many thanks for your hospitality and warmth.
We will send you some photos of our stay in Castelnuovo ne' Monte in due course.

Best regards,
Ross Tantau

Room Tip: All rooms are at the same level with excellent access to the central amenities
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Residence La Baita D'Oro
Residence La Baita D'Oro
#1 of 3 in Castelnovo ne' Monti
Bed and Breakfast Pra de Mande

Been to Bed and Breakfast da Viviana? Share your experiences!