See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2016

Stayed for one night at Astra Hotel Ravda, can only say it was a great hotel in a great location with wonderful helpful staff, can't believe it for the cost. Highly recommended room and balcony lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view or street view both great.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2015 via mobile

Nice and clean. Very friendly and helpful stuff. We stayed in "apartment with sea view". Room was not big, but terrace was very nice, pretty big. Kitchen is on the terrace, I like it a lot. Kitchen has minimum of things: cooker, microwave, some dishware. Hotel is close to everything (5-10 minutes of walking)

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2015

The Astra is centrally located with plenty of shops, supermarkets & restaurants on the doorstep and only a short walk to a variety of beaches. We stayed here for a night at short notice after a mix up at our apartrment booking round the corner and were very pleasantly surprised.
The hotel has a nice cafe & bar and the rooms, whilst being fairly basic (it was only £15 for a double!) were spotlessly clean. But the main delight was the very lovely English speaking lady on reception. She made us feel so welcome & her colleague helped my partner find carparking while she chatted away to me. Her customer service was absolutely spot on, something which can be lacking in certain Bulgarian establishments. She couldn't do enough for us & the stay was very pleasant indeed and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have spent four nights in this hotel. The hotel has an excellent location nearby a bunch of restaurants and entertainment and the beach is just few blocks away. Upon entering the hotel, the service desk attendant hadn't smiled and kept me waiting unattended for ten minutes. They acted as I don't exist and they simply had no English skills at all. The unfriendly older gentleman mentioned they have free rooms and offered a room without allowing us to take a look at the room. We were told there is no reason to look at the rooms as they are good. Then the hotel owner came and showed us the rooms. The rooms were basic, clean, and nice. The owner helped me to print my air ticket, and after an hour refused to print two more pages of an important document that I badly needed. I wanted to pay for it, but I was told that is no company policy any more and was not allowed. The cleaning service hasn't changed my bedding sheets at all for four days. So, do not expect to have bedding sheets change after three days. I had no soap for two days. The toilet was clean and it had a good hot shower, but it stinked. The room was noisy at night only from 8 p.m. to midnight as the next door restaurant was busting the Chalga music the loudest they could. So forget to sleep before midnight. The TV in the room was too small and it was not a flat screen. It had satellite channels. The room was too bright as it had no dark curtains. So if you are changing your clothes at night, better turn the light off as everyone could see you on the main street. My room was facing the main noisy street. The coffee shop attached to the hotel was opened til 10 p.m. only and had non existent Engish non smile unfriendly service. The restaurants nearby offered good priced food, they had no idea how to cook sea food, and they never smiled and treated us as we are not their customers. The bakery attendant got angry at my friend cause he had no change. The nearby restaurant owner got angry because we sat down at the outdoor table during the time they were closed. The laundry place nearby got super unfriendly service as they washed our clothes first, and then the second time they refused it. They also smiled and acted as we don't exist. The owner of the hotel was sometimes friendly but not very helpful. Overall, we are not coming back to Ravda. The customer service of the city was the most horrible I have ever seen in my life. People are careless, unfriendly, and egocentric.

Room Tip: take a room on the side street not a main street; learn Russian or Bulgarian to communicate
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have known the visited the Astra many times and have always been more than happy with the service and accommodation. The hotel, its rooms, and cafe/bar are spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful, most speak fluent English and the owners are multi-lingual.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the beach and it is only a little way to the many bars, shops and restaurants of the village. One can walk from one end of the village to the other in 10-15 minutes.

There are regular buses to Sunny Beach, Borgas and further afield from the center, and if you like walking Nesebur is 45 minutes along the road.

The Astra does not have a restaurant of its own as there are eateries all around and several of the best will deliver at no extra cost.

At these prices the Hotel Astra cannot be bettered for value and comfort.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; but those opening onto the garden are excellent if you have small children; or those on the top floor with large terraces not balconies if you like privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo