Just back from our fourth vacation on this great resort, and it is about time we write a few words about our experience with the area and the property!
The complex - which includes a vineyard, olive grove and a spa - is set over 20 acres. It is built in the region's typical style, and is virtually an extension of the neighbouring village, with narrow walkways and beautiful gardens.
The main building is in the centre of the estate and have a wine bar, spa, restaurant and a fabulous outdoor pool area. It is great to have the option of both self-catering or using the restaurant if you would like to relax and let someone else do the hard kitchen work. This time we spent two evenings in the restaurant and we appreciated the effort made to offer local specialities, cheese, meats, pates, olives and wine. Enclosed a couple of pictures of the great food.
Don't go without trying the spa! In addition to the indoor pool there is a hamman, steem room, sauna and Jacuzzi. There is a good choice of treatments and a professional team to take care of you!
There is lots of things to do for the small ones! Besides the children's pools area and the playground our son (6 years old) especially liked the little farm area with the goats, sheep's and the donkey (we learned this year his name is Garry). Down by the vineyard there is a river where you can go fishing, and on one of the days the children helped out in the garden growing vegetables.
As our last visit was in October last year, it was good to see that there has been quite some maintenance work done thru the winter period, and the large estate is well kept. Some of the tiles around the pool area is broken and should be fixed.
There are several historical sites in the area that you should pay a visit. We recommend Abbey de Fontfroide which is a 15 minute drive away. Take the guided tour and have lunch in the restaurant (remember to book a table in advance as it is very popular). Take a walk up to the top of the mountain by the abbey and you will have the perfect view of the Pyrenees, Corbieres and the Mediterranean coastline area.
Lagrasse, Narbonne and Carcassonne should also be on your list. My favourite restaurants in the area is Auberge du Vieux Puits in Fontjoncouse, La Barbacane inside the medieval city in Carcassonne and Le Parc Franck Putelat, just down the hill from the fortress. For the family, why not go for Le Buffet in Narbonne!
Naturally you need to visit the local wine producers! During our stay Domaine la Rune had a tasting in the resort restaurant, and there where also two other producers who had free tasting sessions the week we where there. Good initiative!
There is a tennis court you can use, lots of hiking tracks and also a couple of bikes available for rent.
The resort was fully booked when we visited, but it was not at all crowded.
The team members are very service minded! Lucile and Nicolas in the reception was helpful and attentive. Our son appreciated the kind lady in the wine bar who could speak Danish (sorry, I forgot your name).
The maintenance team helped us drive our luggage to the house in their golf cart when we arrived. Can be a good thing as the estate is quite large and I think you can just ask for this service when you arrive.
Thanks for a good week, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Life in the village as it was long ago among the Corbiere vineyards the sea and the garrigue. For nature lovers, for children, for epicures and explorers. A totally unique concept. Les Jardins de Saint Benoit has reinvented family holidays. Guests come from afar in order to live one of Europe's many unique experiences. The village is completely integrated into its environment with its small houses typical of surrounding villages, its pedestrian cobbled streets, its fountains and olive groves, and its elegant pool areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Jardins de Saint-Benoit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Jardins De Saint-Benoit Hotel Saint-Laurent-De-La-Cabrerisse
- Jardins De Saint-Benoit France/Saint-Laurent-De-La-Cabrerisse