“A Very Reasonably Priced Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Park

Central Park
Ranked #12 of 96 Restaurants in Redcar
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“A Very Reasonably Priced Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went for first time on Friday (9.3.13) with my partner. We arrived just before 9pm and the restaurant was full so we were told if we came back or waited 30mins there would be a table ready for us. We went for a drink and returned 30 mins later where we were seated straight away.

Both myself and my partner opted for 2 courses potato skins and a chicken parmesan. There are house specials such as steaks etc which are not included in the 2 courses for £9.95. Within 5 minutes of placing our order our starters were served and not long after clearing the plates away the parmesans arrived. We managed to find room for a desert too (£3.95) which were well presented and very nice. The drinks are reasonably priced too.

We found our experience so nice we returned again on 12.3.13 we had been eating out at Wheatlands Farm but for not much more you can have far superior food/dining experience at Central Park. A Parmesan alone at Middlesbrough's Central Park will set you back £13.20!

• Visited March 2013

South Shields
“Didn't have a good experience here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This visit started off really well. We were a walk up and pleased to be accommodated on a busy Saturday night. The menu looked reasonable - two courses for under a tenner plus a specials board with seafood, steak and extra chicken dishes. What could go wrong?
Starters were okay, apart from the mushrooms - deep fried and tasted of grease/fat. No taste from the mushroom.
The mains were the start of the slide. All three of our meals were flawed. My Penne Vendura was boring and tasted of just passata, my wife's Escalope Chassuer (which she suspects was deep fried as it was hard) tasted really sweet/strange. Best of the bunch was my daughters Carbonara - but weirdly it didn't taste like carbonara. The side of Onion Rings was again just the taste of grease/fat.
We weren't about to complain - really - we'd eaten enough to be happy ... the chips and salad were lovely.
Our waitress came over and could see we'd left a lot. I only commented on the dishes and before I knew it she was off to fetch the Chef.
The Chef came and asked what was wrong. I gave him a run-down, but got talked over quite a bit. It wasn't heated just lively. He'd bothered to come so we were intent on giving the feedback.
We were astounded by a couple of his remarks. During the conversation he said:
"I've been cooking for 35 years and I've not heard of putting cheese in carbonara".
"I must say I'm not the best Chef in the world, but ...".
I mentioned how good the chips and salad were, and when he said that he doesn't do them we both broke into a smile. Hopefully our feedback was useful.
When the bill came we had been charged an extra £1 for our bottle of wine. A genuine mistake that on the balance of our visit wasn't appreciated.
The service was good (more than 'average' but not 'very good)'. The staff were friendly.

Trip Advisor is for personal reviews and experiences - and this restaurant looks to do very good business. I can't help thinking if there was someone looking to open an authentic Italian or Mediterranean restaurant they'd make a killing in Redcar.

3 Thank Harbmeister
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This service is terrible, they have no concept of time and the idea of booking a table and they lack the ability to serve a drink swiftly or correctly as ordered. Not sure how the food is as have not yet been seated for our 8:00 reservation and it is now 8:35

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
England
“Lovely food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went out as a family for tea but we didn't fancy the usual pub grub. We took the kids to central park in redcar. It was one of the nicest meals I have had in ages. We ordered the blackend steak and the lobster pasta and both were really nice. The kids had the childrens which is £4.50 for a meal, drink and ice cream. It was great value. Really enjoyed the food and service was good too.

• Visited February 2013
New marske
“Nice meal good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went to the Central Park last night for a Birthday celebration there was 10 of us in the group , Just like to say the meal was really nice and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves , most of the group went for the deal of a starter and a main for ten pound.i had the board special of Chicken a la creme , it was very tasy nice and hot and a good portion . Some of the group had the chicken Parmos which looked massive ,The drinks were not too badly priced either by todays standards with Fosters at £3 a pint. this was a enjoyable evening with the staff being friendly and attentive .Would recommend it for a night out that is not going to break the bank.

• Visited January 2013