“Very nice meal in Spice Talk”

Spice Talk Indian Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 101 Restaurants in Redcar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal in Spice Talk”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was wary of the reviews on here, but thought "what the heck" and Hubby and I went for dinner earlier tonight. It was about a quarter full I would say, we had booked anyway. Service was attentive and the waiters polite and friendly.

Our drinks were brought and the waiter asked if we would like to order poppadums and dips while we looked at the menu, which we did. We ordered what I think was a typically average sort of fare, Hubby chose Chicken Dopiaza with boiled rice and a Keema naan, also Saag Aloo. He said it was flavoursome. I went for the Vegetable Biryani and chapatti. There was loads! It was sooo tasty, all sorts of different veg in it, the curry sauce was not too spicy. I would definately choose it again!

So all in all, it was a good experience, we will definately go back! :-D

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Shadylawns

Redcar
“Good food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

There are not many good places for food in Redcar now but is one of them. There is a good choice on the menu. The staff are friendly. The place is clean, I could see though to the kitchen from the bar and that was clean, always important.
Avoid the all you can eat Sunday buffet as this gets full of people just stuffing themselves and getting drunk. It can be quiet though the week but dont let this put you off.
The set meals are good value as you can swap what is on the list for other things, and you do get quite a lot.
Their take away service is also on Justeat so you can order on line.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Idacardie T
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been to spice talk a few times and each time I have been impressed.
The staff are very friendly!
The food is delicious, very tasty and good portion sizes!
Also, the prices are very good, it is very affordable!
I would definitely recommend!

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank Kerri C
“all you can eat experiance is the only reason to go here.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went during the buffet lunch with my eight year old daughter.
Had to come back 30 minutes later as there wasn't any space due to a large group of drinkers trying to line their stomach's.
When we did get seated, the total choice of mild dishes for kids was poor.
The food in general was ok but missing the "wow factor"
One good point was that they didn't charge me for my daughters meal which was mainly rice, chips and nan bread.
Loads of waiters and one waitress, they mainly stood about and let one guy do everything.
Watched a customer try and get a bowl to put some fruit salad in, the waitress didn't have a clue, he gave up in the end when she brought out a metal tray.
Would I go back? Wouldn't go out of my way for it. Ok as a last resort.
There are worse places in redcar you could end up at.

1 Thank Oraclebhoy
redcar uk
“Bad”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Proberbly the worst indian I've had for a long time, service slow, no atmosphere, tasteless food, the place looks nice but they need to up their game