“Excellent food and service - give it a go!”

Spice Talk Indian Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 96 Restaurants in Redcar
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service - give it a go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went here for our christmas do and all 8 of us were really impressed - even the ones that are usually hard to please. The food was excellent as was the service. The other indian restaurants in Redcar should be worried!! Highly recommended.

3 Thank Jo W

Redcar
“Festive Fab!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My collegues and I went along after work last Thurdsday for our christmas bash - we never nearly made it after reading some of the previous reviews!!!
So glad we did - the food was excellent with a lovely varied menu at a reasonable price. Service was very friendly and overall great value.
I'd highly recommend this venue and will be going back in the near future!!!

3 Thank Dawn F
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Super Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Having read the other reviews felt I had to comment on this place. We have been to this restaurant 3 times and each time have been impressed with the size, quality, taste and presentation of the food as well as the attentive service we received whilst there. It wasn't too busy so certainly did not experience the wait that others have commented on. We (my wife especially) are extremely fussy eaters and would not hesitate to complain if we felt it was needed but it definitely was not the case when we have eaten here. We prefer the atmosphere here to Akbars in Middlesbrough!!

4 Thank moore68
“Waste of a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Night out with friends decided to go for a curry got there really nice decor, struggling with the waiter as he couldn't speak English
Ordered a madras it was like watery curry sauce with bits of chicken.... urghh.. Absolutely gutted theres no nice indian restaurants in Redcar. ( zaika ok) begal spice cheap terrible food) there was one on station road that was really good al kaheem my wife and family used to go there ( sadly it closed ) It was the one where you can take your own. Alcohol outstanding food, chef deserves a medal, waiters spoke English too Gutted its closed it was by far the best Indian restaurant in Redcar. (Really disappointed spice talk)

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Nice starters shame about the rest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went to Spice Talk yesterday they have a buffet deal on Sundays £6.95 12pm till 5pm and then £9.95 5pm till 12pm. Got to say we weren’t really impressed the drinks are overpriced £3.80 for a pint of Cobra wait for this rip off price £3.50 for Coke! I say Coke it’s more like a flat warm failed attempt at Soda stream Cola. The waiters I saw didn’t speak English and their technique of serving drinks seemed to be walking around with the drinks on a tray showing them to the customers like a cheap game show hostess until one of us shouted “THAT’S MINE!” Anyway onto the food large selection of starters must have been ten or more to pick from all the usual kebab roll, samosa vegetable and meat, spiced chicken wings etc. all where very good. I noticed they had mango chutney and another dip on offer but no poppadum’s. The mains where a choice of six curries nothing exciting none of which impressed just curry sauce and chicken pieces thrown in at the last minute so the meat never got chance to marinade and soak up any flavour. The lamb curry was the best by far really tender and full of flavour. Got to say ignore the hand written post it notes saying Mild Medium and Hot none of them is remotely hot all just mild. Choice of pilau rice and mushroom all nice and fluffy. Two naan breads one had the texture of the sole of my old boot and the other was soggy so we passed on them. Also on offer for the kids menu was a feeble offering of five limp fish fingers and a few soggy chips. One nice touch was the free floor show the disinterested owner or manager put on for his guests it consisted of his two young children running around the restaurant and bar area shouting and stomping on the stairs. I can’t really see it having a long life span when they tour the West End. And so to the delights of the deserts on offer, a plate of sliced orange and melon and the crowning glory a bowl with five different flavoured lolly pops (yes you did read that right lolly pops) So now it’s time to pay I walk up to the bar and the man collecting the money says “What did you have to eat and drink?” silly me I thought me might have known that. Then he says “Did you have poppadum’s?” I tell him no and guess that they must have been available at an extra cost but no one told us this. The bill come to £20.90 I handed over £21 no way am I leaving a tip we’ve had no service at all. I put my wallet away and the waiter decides he’ll just keep my 10p change and walks off. I won’t be back but the place was half full some of the food was good you can’t expect too much for a tenner I suppose.

• Visited October 2012