“Loved it, will definitely be returning again! Well done :)”

The Clarendon Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Redcar
The Clarendon Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Redcar
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Loved it, will definitely be returning again! Well done :)”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have no idea what the previous 'awful' review is about and can honestly say whoever wrote it is obviously not getting any as it's pure tosh!!! Sorry but it is. I recently visited family and friends in Redcar and again had the pleasure of staying at the Clarendon hotel, (I had previously stayed there over Easter 2011 at a friends recommendation).
The beer again was fantastic, the room (room 4) was lovely and spotless, the food was fab and the overall atmosphere was great! The husband and wife team and their staff were always helpful and polite and bent over backwards to make my stay a very pleasant one, nothing was too much trouble for them, (they even brought in a phone charger for me as I had left mine at home in Swansea!) If anything this stay was better than the last as I already knew the high standard of the place so therefore knew what to expect and was safe in the knowledge that even if the weather was pants from an accommodation,entertainment and food and drink point of view I was getting the best in town! For people who haven't stayed here the hotel rooms while basic are great value for money; clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced for what you get! A room including either an extremely filling breakfast or a fresh home cooked evening meal for £30 per night slap bang in the centre of town! Bargain!!! As if that isn't enough they even have discount vouchers on their website you can print off and use during your stay!
The food was excellent and again reasonably priced compared with the towns other restaurants and establishments; for any meat and pastry lover the homemade steak pie is divine. They also have a very large and tasty 'parmo' (a must for any smoggy returning home to the North East), in fact all the food I had was great, nothing whatsoever was 'micro-mealed', badly cooked or the likes and any special cooking / food request I had was no problem.
I would highly recommend the Clarendon hotel to any of my friends and colleagues and have already booked in for a fortnights stay at Christmas when I return to see my family again. Well done and many thanks to all there for a most wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank R1ppl3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
redcar , United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

we had family arrive for a wedding and needed somewhere for them to stay and booked this hotel. its located just min's from the beach and the town center. our family said the meals they had where amazing value for money (2 meals £7). the rooms where bright and clean and the breaffast to die for...
they found the staff friendly and informative and very helpful throughout their stay.. they stayed fri , sat, and sunday evening. on friday we met them in the bar for a few drinks and found the atmosphere was just like being at home...
verdict = great place to rest your head great value home cooked meals and a great location.
c&s

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank thehypnotist
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Myself, husband, son and 2 friends stayed here on the 29th May 2011. We were met by friendly helpful staff who showed us too our lovely clean rooms with en-suit. We purely went here for a ghost investigation which is done by local spiritalist medium Ray Bokor. We had a great and enjoyable night and Ray made us so welcome. Anyone wishing too do this sot of thing i would highly reccomend Ray he is very friendly and easy going. Later on in the evening, we met the owner Russ who came across very nice and polite. I was told he only took the hotel on 2 yrs ago and is making some changes too the place. He seems too be doing a good job. Its busy every weekend with live bands. Food very good and cheap. Also beer very reasonably priced too. I would highly reccomend this hotel too anyone and i would ost certainly stay again.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem ok so you wont be disappointed.