Alpine Guest House
Travelocity
The Marine Hotel(Hartlepool)
$87
$73
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
$76
Orbitz.com
Norton Hotel(Hartlepool)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Staincliffe Hotel(Hartlepool)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived soaking wet after cycling 75 miles in very punishing conditions and received a very warm welcome from the owner, Jackie, who very kindly dried all of our clothes/gear ready for the morning. The room was newly refurbished with an ensuite and was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and set us up for another day in the saddle. Yes there was some other refurbishment to be done and some being undertaken during the stay but this is because the owner is carefully trying to restore it to its former glory. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jacqueline d, Owner at Alpine Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this Its very much appreciated

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Dreadful stay, the room was disgusting, my windowsill was covered in pigeon excrement, with pigeons still nesting outside. There was scaffolding up right next to my window. The land lady is so rude beyond belief, and the smell of marijuana which she smoked on a nightly basis was strong to say the least. Cleaner will bang on your door at 8am, whether you want it clean or not, shower didn't work so I had to shower two floors from my room. No towels or bin in room. First bad review I have ever wrote on a bnb and I have stayed in 50+ but my stay was extremely bad.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank ashy29

I am sorry your stay was such an ordeal but i can assure you I have never had to ask anyone to
leave before and it was as much an ordeal for me and my staff thankyou