“Anger!!”

Ranked #10 of 10 Redcar B&B and Inns
Barnsley
“Anger!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked a 1 night stay at this horrible place for Sat.11th Aug. to break our long journey to Scotland. We knocked ,then phoned to gain access, to be greeted by an obnoxious drunk, or off his face,and were told he had'nt got the booking, I provided printed evidence, He was very rude and became abusive when we asked him for advise what to do. We had paid £100 for the 2 rooms which he refused to refund, On ringing the tel' no on our booking form found I was speaking to this same man ,who said he had put our money back into our account. He definitely has'nt, dont go there, very untrustworthy and a very undesirable property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank BarnsleyGoldenoldies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just come back from 1 night away, the location is great and it is clean the only problem I had was the smell. They let smokers in the rooms as we had an ash tray and the smell was disgusting really stale. It was still on my clothes when I got home. We even went out and bought our own air freshner it was not worth the money I have stayed in alt nicer places for half the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah N

Travelers are raving about these Redcar hotels

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2012

very good value for money, very friendly, great breakfast, great rooms,clean tidy i would stay here every time i visit the northeast. you will be very surprised by this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms are a really good size with good en suite facilities
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john s
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I had booked a double room with an en-suite in Mach for our July trip. I was quoted £40 a night- which is very resonable for the area and paid half the bll in advance. Problems started on arrival. We were provided with a twin room. The owner explained to us that he had been away for 2 months and left someone else in charge, he riterated that 'THEY' had screwed the bookings up. He later offered to move us to a double room the next day. The twin room was good for the amount we had paid although the bathroom was the size of a cupboard.

The next day we were given a key to the double room. I went to look at it. The room was very small. There was little room to put suitcases and swinging a cat in there would not only have just been possible. I spoke to the owner and said that we would stay in the twin room because the double was small. He then said 'You can't', he said that he had another booking for 2 males and could not put them in a double room, therefore we woud have to stay there, even though we were booked into the twin room for 5 nights and only was moved because we complained we still couldn't stay in the twin. Again he reiterated that he had been away and someone else had screwed up the bookings.

There was a number of issues with the double room other than the size. The room was in poor condition, badly decorated, the bed clothes were worn along with the carpet and both looked like they had seen better days both in cleanliness and comfort. The curtain was hanging off the rail, the hand soap had been obviously watered down, the remote to the TV was not the correct one and the correct one was not provided even after I told the owner. The shower has more like a tap placed 6ft up on the wall and didn't drain well so you risked flooding the bathroom if you had a shower. There was also a strong smell of weed when we came in at 1am on the Friday evening. I could go on but I don't want t waste anymore of my time or yours......

Needless to stay we left after 3 nights (which we had already paid for) into our 5 night trip. The only positive thing I can mention is that the breakfast was good.

We stayed in the guest house in 2009 and had a pleasent experience however after this 'hotel from hell' experience we will not b staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank debnobrain
Reviewed July 1, 2011

this guest house is the best in redcar.me and my mates alwas stay there when working in redcar.the rooms are spotless. cleaned every day. the breakfast is fantastic and plentyfull if you dont want a breakfast ask dave or his staff and they will do you a packed lunch. nothing is to much for dave/staff great outdoor smoking area we have had many a b/q with dave in the evenings i can only wish dave all the best.

Room Tip: best in redcar
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Durham
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Just stopped for the weekend, rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast was Full English with a plenty of options. The usual cereals and unlimited toast and coffee. Maxine served with a smile and chatted happily and entertaining. Situated just off the High Street and a short distance from the beach. We will be returning late July.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The bad reviews for this place are a complete opposite to our experience!
The warm welcome we received from the staff, not to mention how helpful they were in regards to things to see and do! The room was clean, the towels fresh and the bed linen was perfectly fine!

The staff were very flexible in regards to our breakfast time and the food itself was delicious and perfectly cooked. I was never disappointed.

Okay, this is not a Hilton, but it does not pretend to be either. It is reasonably priced for what it is and is above average when it comes to hotels of a similar calibre.

I will use this hotel again when I visit beautiful North Yorkshire!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends