“Absolutely delicious”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our group of 4 went there during a brief overnight stay in Schwabach, got a table outside, very, very nice surroundings. Don’t remember the other’s dinners, but I had ‘Wildschweinsteak mit Eierschwammerlsauce und Schupfnudeln’ (boar steak with chanterelle mushroom sauce and some noodles made out of potatoes, flour and eggs). Absolutely delicious! I should mention, I wasn’t the only one enjoying my dinner there! Friendly and good service. Would definitely go back and try some other delicacies (especially in summer, when I can enjoy sitting outside).

Visited August 2012
2 Thank WaitForMe1

Miami, Florida
“Nice atmosphere and Good Food”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had dinner at the Goldener Stern on our first night in Schwabach. We got lucky and scored the last empty table on a busy night. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and service was quick and efficient. The food was great, the only complaint we had was that the sauce on my sisters asparagus was skimpy and dried out, probably from standing under the heat lamp while my steak was being cooked. But the waitress cheerfully rectified that by bringing out more sauce right away.
The chocolate mousse for dessert was to die for!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank exsea
Oslo
“Very nice!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

A cosy and OLD restaurant. The history seemed to go back several hundred years (from what I could read from the back of the menu. I'm not THAT good in German though).

I had a traditional meal that was recommended to me. I don't remember the name but it was very nice!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Steinar B
Backnang, Germany
“Excellent, excellent, excellent!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Been here three times now and going again soon.
We were on the way back to Stuttgart from Berlin and needed somewhere for lunch. We had recently been short-changed in Hersbruck, so were looking for something new. And we found it - the Goldener Stern in Schwabach (a pretty little town!).
So far, they have never had a problem with our vague reservation times (the perils of coming straight from the Autobahn!), everything is set up with a little board with my name on. The décor is lovely, really "urig fränkisch" and the service is very, very friendly.
The food - oh wow - REALLY good Wirtshausküche. My Schäufele was delicious, no problem with a second dumpling rather than salad and all those with whom I have been there have loved the food. The beer (Spalter) is also delicious (a pity I am always driving!). We've never felt ripped off and always felt that the staff are happy for us to be there (it's clearly family-run). If you're passing on the A6 or fancy a change from overpriced stuff in Nuremberg - this is THE one to try!

• Visited January 2012