“Eclectic, off the beaten path dining experience in Guanica!”

Bodegas Andreu Sole
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Guanica
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bodega Andreu Sole is a locally own and operated business that caters to wine and music lovers. We offer a selection of Spanish Tapas, wines, Sangrias and Artisan Cocktails. We always have live music carefully selected for your enjoyment. We are located in an old plantation style house in Ensenada bay with spectacular views. Sundays we offer guided visits to our wineyard.
Reviewed December 28, 2014

We heard about Bodegas Andreu Sole from someone in La Parguera and decided to head over there for lunch. The restaurant is only open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. You will find it on Route 3116 (which is a spur off of Route 116) just after you pass the signs for the parador. There was a small traffic jam at the main gate. When we made it to the front of the line, we were asked if we had reservations. We told them we didn't but they told us to enter.

We were seated immediately and given a menu. The menu is all in Spanish but our waiter was bilingual. He explained to us that the restaurant is part of a winery which grows grapes locally near El Bosque Seco (the dry forest). They make a wine, four kinds of sangria, and a variety of liqueurs . We each opted for a sampler which consists of a small sample of everything. The sampler costs $10 and is well worth it. They also offer a choice of five or so tapas and five main courses. We did not order any tapas. I ordered the chicken breast suffed with ham and cheese and my friend ordered the ribs.

Our food came before we had finished the beverage sampler at what seemed to be just the right amount of time. The chicken was fantastic. It was very well-flavored and it was nice to be able to enjoy the beverage sampler with the main course itself. My friend also enjoyed his ribs. The staff came by a few times during the meal to make sure we were okay.

In addition to the fine food, I feel I need to comment on the location. In one word: stunning. It is located on the edge of a bay in Guanica. There is a dock on the water and you can take a tour of the area which includes the winery. We did not choose to go on the tour and I was under the impression that attendance is limited (but I did not confirm this).

If you want to go somewhere different, this place is it. It represents what I consider to be a new stage of gastronomy. I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed December 20, 2014

The service is poor and slow, the food is terrible and expensive, the local "wine" is cheap and maybe mixed with something else. Never coming back.

3  Thank helena_2500
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Romantic place where you can have nice tapas and music on weekends. Great ambiance around, parking available and good prices.

Reviewed October 14, 2014

I was invited by a local friend. We had an awesome time. Try the liquor sampler. My favorite, Passion fruit sangria! Great ambiance, good food!

1  Thank tattoolawyer
Reviewed October 4, 2014

I'm not a wine expert like some of these reviewers but fur someone who hates most sugary drinks I very much enjoyed the sangria and wine. I got the sampler and a bottle of the passion fruit. everything but the herb and sour sop was delicious. I got great service, if I remember correctly it was Richard. Do not get the salmon! It tastes like canned tuna. We have fresh river salmon in my home state. So it did not compare. Beef was tender and flavorful. Was told there was glowing plankton -I think they trick the tourists into thinking the moonlight reflection is bioluminescent. Live guitar was a plus. Romantic

1  Thank Misty G