“Best place to have a lovely night with friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bodegas Andreu Sole

Bodegas Andreu Sole
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Guanica
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bodega Andreu Sole is a locally own and operated business that caters to wine and music lovers. We offer a selection of Spanish Tapas, wines, Sangrias and Artisan Cocktails. We always have live music carefully selected for your enjoyment. We are located in an old plantation style house in Ensenada bay with spectacular views. Sundays we offer guided visits to our wineyard.
San Juan
“Best place to have a lovely night with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had been to Bodegas before and decided to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday with a group of friends. I called with plenty of time to separate space and preordered some cold and hot appetizers. When we arrived the night of the event, an area was already separated and 2 servers helped us get started...The food was brought in, an open tab was created and our delightful evening started. The best thing was that the area where we were located was just gorgeous! We were sitting in a cozy corner underneath palm trees and just in front of the water overlooking a full moon...it wasn't too noisy but we could hear the piano concert enough to have a good background tune...the waiters were nice, looking to help us all the time and the food came in as requested. We had a lovely evening and are already planning to do it again!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Wiri2

Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Nice Relaxing Place! Food and drinks delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Located in Guanica, they are the only vineyard in Puerto Rico. The place is beautiful at night, lit by small lights. You can see the grape plants all over the place. The atmosphere and service are excellent, the waitress was very coordial explaining to us the various flavors of the beverages. You can enjoy good music, good food and delicious drinks. The wine is delicious and the sangria and other beverages also.

• Visited May 2013
sky
“The Island Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

If in the area and you love a great bay view, love Caribbean/indie/folkloric/ jazzy music, and don't mind eating a thing or two... You must visit this place!! It has such a relaxed and fun atmosphere. I have been there as couples, with family and with friends and although the best way to enjoy is without kids, this place is suitable for all ages. No drama there! Just enjoy the starry night and if there's a full moon, then please don't miss out. You have got to experience this with your significant other because it's just romantic. Make sure you walk out to the dock to watch the bay and the moon light reflected on the water while enjoying the sounds of the local artist that just pour their heart and soul into their music.

This is an outdoors ambiance but if you feel like being indoors, there is an indoor bar area that is aired conditioned and the service is great as well.

If you are unfamiliar with the drinks and fruits, then try the drink sampler. I believe it's about 10 .5oz (or 1oz.) of different flavors but at least you get to know what you like and what you don't. I shared the samplers with my husband and we had fun trying out all the flavors (tamarind, cilantro, sour sop, passion fruit, coconut, and others) For example, there is a difference between their passion fruit liquor vs passion fruit sangria. One being strong and bold and the other smooth and fruity yet strong enough.... I personally prefer the sangria. And btw, don't expect to see fruits on the drink nor a traditional red/white wine sangria. My personal favorite is the coconut liquor... It's to die for! Some compare it to the traditional Puerto Rican Coquito but I think it's better :)

Food: the mini ribs are great, the cheese and bread platter is a great option if you want to drink a while for the night, the real crab and coconut empanada is ok.... Just kick it up a notch with their home made pineapple hot sauce.

If you're not familiar with the area, it may be easy for you to miss the entrance so drive slower than norm. If you need a place to stay, there's a hotel/parador next door. Hey, no drinking and driving!

Overall, the place is great. If you want a cheap place... Go else where but remember that cheap can come with the wrong crowd. For those who are used to traveling, you know what I'm talking about. This place is safe, clean, has great views, ambiance and live music; and considering that you are getting it all under one roof (or should i say sky :)) I wouldn't miss out on this one. Enjoy Guanicas amazing beaches during the day and this Bodega at night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Puerto Rico
“Excellent atmosphere and service but too expensive!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I love going to Bodrga's Andreu Sole for the ocean view, is very romantic, intimate.. Is awsome!! I recommend this place if you have some money to spent without conscience. I only go to drink a glass of Sangria or Wine "Doce Calles" and that's it for the rest of the night because seriously the sangria and the wine isn't so good. Always they have a very good live musicians and the place make everything to spells you in a melancoholic and romantic mood. Is a perfect place to go with your love and friends!! I suggest more affordable prices for the amount of food they serve that is a teeny tiny small amount of an appetizer, piece of meat and so on...is too expensive for that kind of food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“If you like to drink nice wine, go elsewhere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is supposedly the only winery in Puerto Rico and they advertise their sangria a lot... which says something about their wine. I came for dinner on a Friday night and it's right on the water (and really hard to find). The view would be nice if you can see it, but it's really dark at night so you can't see anything. I tried their house wine which was a blend that was oddly sweet and it was hard to finish my glass (I used to live in San Francisco and feel like I know a thing or two about wine given I went to wine country a dozen times per year). Given I didn't like it I tried their sangria, which was also not my favorite. There's no fruit in it and it definitely has some type of bitter alcohol mixed into it. Needless to say it made me drunk. The dinner was underwhelming. We had 5 or so tapas, none of which I enjoyed. I won't recommend this place and I won't be back. The staff is friendly and some of them speak English. The setup is outdoor and a bit clunky and awkward, but people seem to enjoy themselves.

• 2 of 5 bubbles