My girlfriend and I stayed at the Copamarina from February 15th – 20th. This is a wonderful resort for couples and families to get away from it all. Copamarina is in Guanica on the southern coast of Puerto Rico. I would recommend that you drive to the resort from San Juan. Driving is mostly on major highways and you get to see some nice views of the mountains along the way.
We opted for the all-inclusive rate for our room and we where upgraded to a sea view upon arrival. Kudos to the staff! Staying during the week has its advantages. Since we were in-between holidays, the resort was virtually deserted. We felt like the resort was all ours. When Friday came along, the resort started to fill up with families. If you don’t have kids, my advice is to go during the week and leave around Saturday. Our room was very clean and has huge showers. I posted a picture of the sunset from our balcony when we arrived.
For an all inclusive resort the food is very good. As part of the all inclusive rate you get 3 meals a day, all drinks and use of the kayaks. Alcoholic drinks are good, but watered down a bit. Go for the wine at the “Alexandra” restaurant. When it gets crowded during the weekend, breakfast is served buffet style.
Being on the southern coast you have very calm waters. The beach itself at the resort is nice and is very warm. However, this is not a swimming beach… lots of sea grass… but perfect if you want to sit and stare at the water. There is a better swimming beach a short walk down the shoreline. You can check out snorkeling equipment for free. I highly recommend snorkeling or diving in this area because there is a beautiful reef nearby. If you want to go out to the reef, that’ll cost you $45 per person. It is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Guanica