I recently stayed at this resort with my friend and her family. I over all liked the resort but have nothing really to compare it to since I never go on exotic vacations.
Here are some of our experiences:
Do NOT go to the breakfast/brunch or if you do make sure you ask which items are for which (it is a buffet). In a group of 5 our bill came out to be 210$. Why? Because we were told to eat whatever we wanted and ended up each getting charged for both the breakfast and brunch.
The staff is typically friendly but one night it took 30 minutes to get our dinner which was wrong a few times. I overall thought the service was delightful and the food tasted great.
I would, however, advise you to take lots of snacks o eat during the day since the resort is very secluded.
The rooms are comfortable but the AC was very noisy and our drawers did not stay on the tred.
The beach is amazing and the pools are very warm but the ocean only reaches your knees at most parts so it is hard to swim in. Plus LOTS of sea weed on the floor.
The road leading to the resort is a very tight fit and locals speed like no other around the corners.
There is a woman who works the night shift named Maria who is probably the nicest person around. Our group lost our rental car keys and Maria offered to drive us all the way to our hiking trip an hour away once she got off her shift. She drove us and picked us up. On the drive back she took us to Ponce and gave us a little tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Guanica