“Nice Location if a little remote”

Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Guanica
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my wife. it's ina lovely location, right on the water but it is a little remote, we drove out there at night time and it was a bit eerie on the drive out there. Check-in was a bit of a drawn-out experience but things in Puerto Rico happen slower in general. the rooms can be a long walk from reception as the hotel is very spread out. Rooms are functional more than comfortable, they have a slight feeling of an barracks or something similar. Our room did open out onto well maintained gardens which led to a pool and then the ocean. One thing is that everywhere on the walk ways is tiled which is a bit precarious when it rains as it does fairly regularly in Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RM356
Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We researched for months prior to booking our 3 night stay at Copamarina. We had spent 2 nights in San Juan at an amazing boutique hotel with superb customer service just before arriving at Copamarina so our expectations may have been a bit high. We were thrilled with the location of this resort hotel but not so thrilled with the lack of interest in customer service. No one offered to help us with our bags and the hotel is very spread out so the trek from the registration desk to our room was quite a hike. The room itself was outdated and not as clean as it should have been as occupancy was very low while we were there so I'm sure the housekeeping staff was not rushed to clean the room for our arrival. The shower/bath area reminded me of showers at camp when I was a kid...dirty grout and mildew odor.The baseboards throughout the room were filthy and the upholstered bench was so dirty we had to put a towel over it before sitting on it. The staff at the restaurant were extremely unattentive. Again, it seems with such low occupancy (I believe one staff member told me it was at 20%) we felt we should have gotten better service. We were there on a Monday-Thurs so Alexanders was closed. The food at Los Palmas was good, not exceptional but we thought is was well priced. We spent close to $900.00 while there for the 3 nights and for this amount of money, we expected more. With all that being said, the grounds were beautiful, very well maintained and being that close to the water was a definite plus! Never having been to Puerto Rico before, we learned quite a bit and would do it a bit differently next time.

Room Tip: The rooms are very spacious but very outdated. All floors are tiled throughout so it makes it easy t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Duckgunner
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We flew in through Aquadilla airport to stay at this beautiful hotel on the Caribbean Sea. We came in at night and the rooms are a large standard room. When you are in Puerto Rico what matters the most is a hot shower and a cold air conditioner. Thankfully this had both. We didn't realize just how gorgeous the hotel was until the morning. We had breakfast at the outdoor restaurant and it took long to get our food and sadly it was very over priced. However their are not any close restaurants or grocery stores so if you are starving you have to pay the price. In Puerto Rico it is important to rent a car so we went into town to "Mr. Special" the supermarket and bought orange juice, chips, fruit, water bottles, and other goodies to bring back to the hotel since we were staying a week. I'm glad I did this, it saved us a lot of money. The pool was clean and so nice to relax in. The resort is far from town but I loved how quiet and serene it is, especially at night. My husband and I enjoyed stargazing on the beach. We opted to indulge in the couples spa massage and boy was that money well spent! We can not wait to go back again next year!

Room Tip: Rent a car or get a taxi and drive to a supermarket to pick up some goodies to save money since the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank IceRose21
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I spent only one night here, on business. This is a quaint, two story hotel that we might call "motel" -- but what a place! Comfy room, great grounds, great beach bar. I didn't have the opportunity to hit the pool - just walk around the grounds a bit, have a couple of beers and a dinner at the beach bar. I would definitely go back here for a few days on vacation -- I could see spending some serious relaxation time here! Keep in mind, though, this is not San Juan -- you're pretty much out in the country a bit here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CornMann
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Excellent hotel. Clean rooms and facilities. Very nice people working there always trying to please you. I stayed there for 3/2. Three adults in the room and it was very comfortable. We ate in the restaurants and the food was excellent and at very good price. The maintenca staff keep the surroundings in top shape.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vander56
Reviewed September 11, 2013

As a person and family who are not usually the "resort type" we really enjoyed it and will return in the future.

I actually stayed with my family for a three day stay last September, 2013. It was a lovely resort with nice grounds, lovely staff and surprisingly good food. As a Puerto Rico native who lives on the mainland it was nice to have inventive, tasty takes on local favorites on the menu of a resort and not just the usual continental fare usually found at these establishments. Even though the food was not cheap it was of good quality and it came with an amazing view! Nice pools and kiddie pools located throughout. Just a nice place to stay. Our only reason for knocking one star off is that they should create a better children's play area. There is certainly plenty of room to create a truly great kids playground/play area that is tucked away from the guest rooms so as not to bother anyone and give kids a blast. the existing plyground was not that great. But other than that a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean view rooms, especially the once on the ground floor if you have kids. Makes ge...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

From the I time I got in the staff was very accommodating. You can tell the staff get along well and work as a team. The service from the restaurant staff is excellent. Very friendly staff. I carried my SUP board and they were willing to accomodate me in a room very close to the beach.
The maintenance staff is up early everyday to keep the surroundings clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guanica
Combate Beach Resort
Parador Villa Parguera
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!