The South coast of Puerto Rico is a sleepy family atmosphere. We stayed a weekend here, driving down from San Juan. Rooms are perfectly nice, clean and well-kept. Pillows were lumpy and thin, mattresses could use an update.
Pool and other areas were well kept as well (and it was booked when we were there). Staff were friendly and helpful if you asked for anything.
There really are no southern beaches - there is a strip you can walk along, the water has turtlegrass. It won't hurt you, but if you are thinking of sugarsand beaches with no seaweed, think again. If you want to swim in the glassy-still lagoon, you need to jump off the pier end where it's deeper. They have a floating platform too for lounging on.
One thing I didn't like was a lack of drinking water in the rooms - there was some available in the lobby area. Coolers are not allowed in the rooms and there are no fridges.
Restaurants were pretty decent. We ate there a couple of times. Service was good and food was solid, if not stellar. Remember - this is a rather isolated area.
I'd say it was a good dependable "average". If I were in the area again, I might choose to stay there again, but then I might try someplace else (caveat - there aren't too many other places).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Guanica