“Luxurious comfort in the middle of Hatta mountains”

JA Hatta Fort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hatta
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Everything was good concerning this hotel. Our room was neat, tidy and nicely arranged. The service, top-class. We tried some veg soup and Chicken Biryani from the in-Room dining service. Both were simply awesome and with good quality! One Chicken Biryani could be sufficient for 2.

The hotel has activities for each member of the family. My son loved the kids play area and the Birds cage in the vicinity. The hotel can arrange outdoor activities to explore Hatta.

Room Tip: All rooms seem comfortable and peaceful. Probably the ones located on the first floor are more relax...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear OnlineJ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Hatta Fort Hotel.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the service that you received which you have kindly mentioned was top-class, the food served which you found to be awesome and in good quality, the overlooking mountains scenery, the activities that your children enjoyed, as well as the rooms which you felt was neat, tidy and nicely arranged.

You have also provided us with your feedback and suggestions which is much appreciated, as it allows us to continually improve. I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into these areas.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hatta Fort Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice old place, maybe a little "commercial", en route from Oman to Dubai. Stayed for lunch, which was reasonably priced (by UAE standards), and "international" in nature. It is not haute cuisine, but well presented. Service was a little slow to get going (and they were not busy), but OK once we got started.

n.b. you are charged 50 Dr (per person) to enter the site, although this can be reclaimed against your bill.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear steve q,

I was delighted to read your detailed review of your dining experience with us! I do also appreciate your positive comments about the hotel which you found to be a nice place, as well as the food which you have kindly mentioned was well-presented; however, I have noted your comments with regards to the service that you received. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of service to all our guests, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience during your dining experience. Please rest assured that your feedback has been passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and action.

We value all our guest comments which allow us to continually improve our service and facilities, and as such your feedback was very much appreciated.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you want to get away form the Hustle and busy Dubai town, and cant drive for more than an hour then this is the place.
It is an excellent palce to relax with your family.
Everything is good about the Hotel and I cant think of any negative except may be they have to improve the quality of the food a bit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Hashiq,

I was very happy to know that you found the hotel to be the right place for a relaxing getaway. I would like to thank you for your kind word regarding the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was excellent!

You have also provided us with your feedback and suggestions which is much appreciated, as it allows us to continually improve. I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into these areas which you have highlighted.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've had friends stay here and all liked it. That's now a plus one. Very good service within a charming hotel. Some in previous reviews felt it was dated and compared to Dubai what isn't. What this place has is a natural presence, your room a place you would be happy to live in permanently.
Within distance are endless opportunities for lazy drives, treks and welcome interactions with nature.
The bar has a 70's charm I loved, a knowledgeable and very friendly barman who served up timeless cocktails.
If I would point to one thing they could work on, it would be the food. As a serious epicurean I'm going to be difficult to please so in reading this please keep this in mind. Hatta lacks any serious attempt at cuisine and this hotel is the closest you get. It's functional and not unpleasant but might take advantage of its position on the border of two countries.

Stay here with confidence, you're in good hands.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Woodnorton1,

I was very happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was pleased to read that you consider the hotel to be a charming and wonderful getaway trip out of Dubai. It was also nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received from my team who looked after you during your stay. You have kindly mentioned that they were knowledgeable and very friendly. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences. I can assure you that the feedback and suggestions which you have highlighted are shared with my management team for further review.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had family in while living in Dubai. Hatta is a quick and easy day trip from Dubai. We ate in the restaurant beside the pool. The hotel has a great view of the surrounding Hajar mountains. The food was good but not outstanding but the setting makes up for everything. It also a good place to explore the cultural center and Hatta pools and on the drive you can stop at Big Red a massive sand dunes on the way to and from Dubai to Hatta.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Goriders99,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you found the hotel to be a quick and easy day trip out of Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the food served which you have kindly mentioned was good, as well as the views and overlooking mountains scenery that you enjoyed.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've been remiss in turning up the drive to the hotel on the occasional "visa run" and today I finally made the turn. We were desperate for something to eat and none of the other options in town were open at 10 AM on a Saturday morning, so breaky at The Gazebo was it. The location nestled in the mountains is gorgeous, but the resort just "feels" out of place but I get the intent.

We did not stay as hotel guests so I won't comment on rooms, only to say that the resort feels a bit dated, although charming.

Breakfast buffet was AED 90 per person, a bit steep, but who cares? The selection was OK, the food was OK, the coffee was surprisingly good. The staff were very nice and attentive.

You've been informed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear DanaR2,

I was delighted to read your detailed review of your dining experience with us! I do also appreciate your positive comments about the food and beverage served which you felt were good, as well as to my team whom you have kindly mentioned were very nice and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

On our round trip of the United Arab Emirates we spent unfortunately only one night at the Hatta Fort Hotel in Hatta. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. There was nothing too much for them. The pool is the place to relax and enjoy the lovely scenery of Hatta. The gardens are a delight and home to many unusual (at least to us europeans) birds. Food was also of a high standard - we very much enjoyed our steaks which were prepared at the table for us. Very good choice at breakfast with an unusual in and outdoor buffet. The rooms are chalet type and very spacious. Good sized bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear CH-GB,

I was delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was pleased to read your kind words with regards to the food and selection especially during breakfast which you found to be well-presented and on a high standard, the local scenery of the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was lovely, the gardens, the chalets which you found to be very spacious, as well as the swimming pool that you enjoyed. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Sergio Magnaldi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatta
Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah
#4 of 19 in Fujairah
Concorde Hotel Fujairah
Concorde Hotel Fujairah
#6 of 19 in Fujairah

Been to JA Hatta Fort Hotel? Share your experiences!