“Always a pleasure !”

JA Hatta Fort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hatta
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Another weekend spent at this great hotel ! The only problem is that the time goes too quickly !!

Good and friendly service by polite and professional staff at every post. Good food and beverages. Good facilities. Comfortable bed and rooms.

A great place to relax and see some green grass, trees, colourful flowers and plants back -dropped by some rugged mountains.

Thank you all...We will be back

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear PiratesofStMalo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Hatta Fort Hotel.

I was delighted to know that you had a relaxing weekend and enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment with regards to the hotel and its facilities which you have kindly mentioned was great, the service that you received, the accommodation which you found to be comfortable, the food and beverage which you felt were good, as well as the views and gardens that you enjoyed. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were good and friendly. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

There are newer reviews for JA Hatta Fort Hotel

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just stayed at Hatta Fort for 9 days for a special birthday trip for my wife.
Booking/pickup at Dubai Apt/welcome and check in all efficient and a very friendly driver.

Hotel is closer to main Dubai-Oman road than I expected but this is simply not an issue as traffic noise is virtually non existent as the hotel sits behind steep hillocks that generally shield the road.

We had a room on the first level (200's) overlooking the garden and mountains beyond. Rooms are spacious and lofty with boarded sloping ceilings.Good facilities...nice bathroom...tons of storage space...well maintained with medium sized terrace and good air conditioning.

Breakfast on the open terrace was superb with good selection and quality of food.
Evening Dinner was even better with three courses plus appetisers and sorbet course and very good value, top quality and very well presented.Head Chef Babu Khan and his team give you a great dining experience.

Its the the staff at Hatta make it a very special place...its a small hotel with a big heart...rarely have we seen such a friendly attentive team working together in this way. Many have been working here for 5/10 even 15 years so that says a lot.

Thanks for a great stay...we loved it.

Highly recommend this delightful,well run,quiet retreat in the mountains.

Room Tip: Send any special requests before you go...this is the type of place that will try and accommodate yo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear TheKenilwrthArnolds,

First of all, I would like to wish your wife a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable and great stay.
I was very happy to know that you have acknowledged the quality of the hotel and the entire team, and I was pleased to read that you consider the hotel to be highly recommendable. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about your accommodation which you found to be spacious, well maintained and has a good facilities, the bathroom, the air-conditioning, the quality of food and selection which you found to be superb, well presented and a good value for money.

I do appreciate you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were extremely efficient, friendly and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having read both the positive and past negative reviews of this hotel I can only agree with the positive comments of previous reviewers. We have just returned from our (HB) 5 night stay. Hatta Fort Hotel was a real pleasure, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. All staff greeted us every day with a smile and friendly conversation, We were after a quiet and relaxing break and this is exactly what we got and this was partly due to the fact that the hotel has two swimming pools, a family pool and a quiet pool - this works extremely well and is professionally managed by hotel staff. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on a higher level, the views over Hatta and the surrounding Hajar mountains were wonderful and we enjoyed five spectacular sunsets. The room(s) were large, comfortable and clean - although we had booked a suite, we actually didn't need the additional space of an extra lounge area. The grounds are very well managed and looked after - a real oasis (far removed from the hustle and bustle of Dubai hotels!) Although we spent five lazy days, the hotel provides many activities and facilities for families with children. Cafe Gazebo provided us with an excellent and tasty choice of breakfast items and our evening meals in Jeema restaurant were excellent - consistently, superbly cooked food and friendly, attentive but unobtrusive service. This restaurant is very highly recommended! Would we stay here again? - most certainly (the hotel obviously enjoys welcoming many returning guests), we can't wait! Thank-you to every-one at Hatta Fort Hotel, we look forward to our return!

Room Tip: Although lower rooms will have a lovely view of the hotel's gardens and mountains, the higher le...
2  Thank G_F1983

Dear G_F1983,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you found us to be professionally managed and wonderful hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the accommodation which you found to be large, comfortable and clean, the views and overlooking mountains scenery, as well as the gardens which you have kindly mentioned was very well maintained.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel which you found to be wonderful, the facilities and the outdoor activities that we provide, as well as the selection of food served in particular at Jeema restaurant which you found to be excellent, consistently, superb and highly recommendable.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were always smiling, attentive and friendly. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

What brought us here was their chalet-style rooms plus the activities they offered (as you can see from the photos). The rooms are beautiful, cozy, spacious and clean. When we arrived here, we were welcomed by genuine smiles of the staff. We highly appreciate the staff. They are very accomodating, warm and attentive to our needs. We really enjoyed the activities especially the archery, camel-riding, playing in the garden chess and swimming. We had our first dinner at Jeema Restau. The food was very good. The ambiance of the restaurant is excellent. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and the place overlooking the beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Lower floors have easy access to restaurants, activities, etc..

Dear Caitlin F,

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the service that you received from my team, the food served in particular at Jeema restaurant which you felt were very good and fantastic, the local scenery that you enjoyed, the atmosphere, the spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms which you found to be beautiful and cozy, the swimming pool, as well as the outdoor activities that we provide which you enjoyed. I was also extremely pleased to hear of your compliments about my team whom you felt were very accommodating, attentive and the genuine smiles! I will ensure that these are shared with them.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend and it was absolutely perfect. The staff is courteous and attends to any need you have. It's very easy to find on E44 from Dubai City (1hr drive). There are so many things to do here. I was in awe at the amount of small outdoor activities they offered from playground, mini golf, garden chess, basketball, tennis, archery and pool (just to name a few, there are many others). They have 2 pools, 1 for families with children and one "quiet" pool where no children are permitted, which I thought was quite nice for the people that want a nice quiet poolside experience. We have a child and found the childrens pool to be fantastic and there wasn't any need for us to need the other pool. I would recommend this hotel to couples or families alike.

The chalet style rooms were absolutely amazing and quite roomy for the money.

Restaurants were exactly on-par with what you'd expect at at 4 Star hotel.

I could go on for hours, we're already planning our next getaway back to this hotel and do so look forward to doing so ASAP.

Room Tip: I recommend families getting a chalet on the ground floor (400 block) as its quick and easy access t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sdemiere
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear sdemiere,

I was delighted to know that you had a perfect weekend and enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment with regards to the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about the outdoor activities that we provide, the swimming pool that your children enjoyed, as well as the accommodation which you found to be amazing and a good value for money.

Your positive comments with regards to my team, whom you felt were courteous and attentive, were very much appreciated. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Would definitely recommend this place. Head chef Babu Khan served us one of our best meals in Dubai. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Sheldon and Sunil at the pool were so friendly and they assisted us with all of our requests very competently. The important FACT to note was most of the staff we spoke to have been here for 10 and up to 15 years. That says a lot for your reputation. Well done, keep it up!

Room Tip: higher rooms as the views are exceptional. Especially at Sun rise !
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sheika S

Dear Sheika S,

I was very happy to know that overall you had a fantastic stay with us, and I was pleased to read that you consider the hotel to be highly recommendable. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to the service you received from my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were very friendly, helpful, and competently! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Beautiful chalet-style hotel, the rooms are spacious & beautiful.
Overlooking a huge green area with amazing scenery.
There are 2 large pools with a part of it for little ones.

Several restaurants there so you have the choice of where to dine.
Food there is good but still not the best.
Overall its a great experience & should be tried.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first level because they have better view than the second level
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meril A
Sergio M, General Manager at JA Hatta Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Meril A,

I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I was pleased to hear that you found your accommodation to be spacious and beautiful. It was also nice to read that you enjoyed the mountain scenery, the swimming pools, the chalet, as well as the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned has a several choices to dine.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hatta Fort Hotel in the near future.

Sergio Magnaldi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatta
Nour Arjaan by Rotana - Fujairah
#7 of 19 in Fujairah
No photo provided
Mirage Hotel Al Aqah
#13 of 19 in Fujairah

Been to JA Hatta Fort Hotel? Share your experiences!