“Traditional Greek Taverna ”
Review of Maria's Taverna

Maria's Taverna
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Katelios
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Marias is a traditional Greek Taverna, the setting is dreamy, on the beach front, with small blue tables like being on the set of Shirley Valentine if you sit outside.
It was very quiet this evening as the season is only just starting so we pretty much had the place to ourselves.
I ordered prawn saganaki which was delicious - the prawns were huge! The chicken souvlaki, lamb in a clay pot and pork belly were also good.
Our party of five all enjoyed their meals. I would definitely recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Popular restaurant. The traditional Greek dishes and local wine (still incredible cheap) deserved at least the two visits we paid.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a weeks break in Katelios but we ate here 3 times out of 7!

Fantastic food and service. Nothing too much trouble. Very clean with lots of space inside or you can eat on the beach front depending on your choice.
The spicy meatballs went down very well and I’d recommend to try as a starter or you can have as a main.
The moussaka was one of my favourite meals and my daughter enjoyed the choice on the kids menu. I can also recommend the rose wine!

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Had lunch here sitting outside in the sun.Spottless kitchen serving good quality food.Would stop of here again if ever passing by on holiday again.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

We chose Maria’s Taverna for a bit of a change as we had always eaten in the same restaurants in Katelios. We chose it because of the good reviews.... We are both vegetarian and decided to share the vegetarian moussaka with a few veggie starters. However the waiter persuaded us to have the vegetarian lasagne instead of the starters. What a mistake that was....The moussaka arrived and it was meat not vegetarian!! The waiter apologised and I then had to wait 20 minutes for a vegetarian moussaka to arrive. So I ate on my own as my husband had already finished his lasagne (which by the way was awful - very creamy and sickly). Previously we had had really lovely meals (mainly an assortment of veggie starters) in the Katelios Grill and Tsobos Garden Grill. To cap it all the waiter in Maria’s Taverna charged us for the whole meal!! Obviously I would not recommend going here - for vegetarians it is like stepping back 30 years.

1  Thank gillycirencester