“It's a bit like home really!”
Review of Katelios Taverna

Katelios Taverna
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Katelios
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For a warm welcome, good food and being made to feel more than just a number you can't beat this place, if you are in Katelios you must pay Sadie and Illias a vis.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“It's a bit like home really!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

You really couldn't find a nicer place to sit and have lunch in the whole world! Great food, service and the most friendly staff you would wish to find. The owners Illias and Sadie remember you year after year and go out of their way to make you welcome. Oh, and if you're Johnny Depp, there a table permanently on standby for you!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JedWoodward

• Polish first
“Good food, efficient service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good selection of local dishes even though many of the restaurants have the same menu this was well prepared and served. This was complemented by prompt friendly service.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ABN1961
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Yuck”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Of all the places we ate in Kefalonia, this was my least favourite. We were looking forward to some nice fresh fish in a scenic setting. What I got was rubber calamari while a dog and 2 cats looked at me.
All seemd well when we arrived...typical Greek Taverna. Starters of stuffed peppers were ok if very greasy. My main of calamari as inedible...rubber bands with crispy greasy batter hanging off....yuck. I didn't eat it, and told the young, nervous waiter (he spent the entire meal running around lime he was being chased, constantly changing directon!) that it was awful...he said he would tell the chef. We asked for the bill and I reiterated my dissatisfaction to another waiter who asked why I hadn't told anyone! The calamari was taken off the bill, but I left more hungry than when I arrived!

3 Thank Slesl
London, United Kingdom
“Best taverna in Katelios for dinner”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Following the loss of the 4 brothers, our previous favourtie, the best evening meal we had was at the Katelios Taverna. Excellent food - potatoes amazing - and nice service. Shame we only went on our last night.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Geoggy08
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
“Best Sea Bass ever tasted!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I have just had the best sea bass I have ever tasted!!! My husband had the beef stamna and he became so emotional over how nice it was he cried ( we come from a family of chefs, so that was quite something!!!). The service was beautifully slow, the wine was good and the staff were fantastic.

If you go expecting speed or a flash looking place you would be very disappointed, however, if you love food, family and chat this is the place for you!!! I would say, if you are taking children, take something to keep them occupied as this is not quick dining.

Well worth a visit!