All reviews rosebud bistro pool area lovely hotel tea bags air con fresh fruit beans half board relaxing holiday well run hotel hired a car high standard next year local tavernas key card bed and breakfast greek yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2018

manageress over the top,when I moved my sunbed to keep in the shade of our brolly she asked me to move it back next to the brolly which I could not believe what she had said (who is the customer here?)
When I said if you have rules like that how about the one of serving drinks around the pool area in glass pint pots and what if one is dropped it smashes only to be told they are thick glass and it breaks into large bits (I am on medication of apixaban (warfarin) to thin my blood so I don't get clots.when I asked about any pieces that go into the pool and I walk onto not knowing then I cut my foot I said what happens then the reply was I send for a doctor who I might add iss 7klm away in the mean time I bleed to death.one more thing on this subject the hotel notice board next to pool states NO GLASS OR BREAKABLE CONTAINERS ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA.We booked a premier delux room for our 2nd visit here but for £240 extra for 2 weeks I wasted my money just not worth it,the only difference I could see we were on the 2nd floor and received 2 small bottles of water.2 single beds pushed together and poor bedding not to mention the terrible pillows of which the 1st thing I did when arriving back home was to book an appointment with a physio to get my neck sorted.Lunch area/food was not very good but the nights we dined in the restaurant it was as ok.Most of the staff were very pleasant room/breakfast staff great.No I will not be making a 3rd visit.starring of this hotel is too high.

Room tip: after my comments all I can say it wasn't worth what it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank alan w
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

We have just had the most amazing time at the magnolia resort,every aspect of the hotel was spotless.The staff were wonderful,nothing was too much trouble,they were always cheerful and professional.Like many people I checked reviews on the resort prior to booking,one of the main issues seemed to be related to breakfast which I found more than adequate,there were at least 3 types of bread every day,3 different cereals,fresh fruit,tinned fruit,Greek yogurt,bacon,scrambled egg,fruit juice etc,etc...My conclusion is,if you want a relaxing holiday,beautifully clean pool,peaceful surroundings and lots of gorgeous authentic Greek food then book the magnolia resort,,,,if you want a full English or pie and mash try blackpool

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank garycheesley
Reviewed October 1, 2018

We have just returned from this beautiful family run resort and what an amazing time we had. (apart from the forest fires which were near us). The hotel is clean and the facilities are spot on. Bedding is changed every other day, towels etc everyday, you are supplied with towels for your sun loungers which are changed after a weeks stay. The staff are so friendly, the bar staff even fetch your drinks to you around the pool. Bar food is delicious and the restaurant food is fabulous. I can't express what a fantastic place this is. We will definitely return.

4  Thank Evelyn P
Reviewed September 30, 2018

We went to the Magnolia on a recommendation ..and can honestly say it was a very good recommendation.
A very clean well run hotel ..very family orientated .. all the staff were very attentive ..nothing too much trouble ..
We were on a bed and breakfast basis ..breakfast was very good each day ..a good selection of hot and cold food available ..
Plenty of good sunbeds each day , never a problem as to availability ..
Must say the restaurant in the hotel ..really does take some beating ..having tried ..possibly all of the restaurant's along the seafront it ..in my opinion ..was the best ..especially the T Bone steaks .

A Big thankyou to ..Nota " The Boss " her family Effie ..Alex and Chris ..also to Helen and the rest of the staff.
we had a 2 week super de-stressing holiday and would not hesitate to go back again ..
all in all a very well run good quality hotel ..well done the Marigold ..see you soon ..for sure ..warmest regards Dave & Maureen Murphy .

Room tip: Don't worry about sundries ..irons hair driers etc , they have them on site .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank caseyjonesessexuk
Reviewed September 28, 2018

This is a lovely place to stay if you're looking for a quiet, well organised and clean hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and are never too busy to spend some time with you. It's really clean, tidy and very well maintained with large bedrooms and pleasant ensuites and a very large pool that is as clean as you'll find. There are lots of sunbeds so you're never left wanting and the food is pretty good too. The little breakfast pancakes and the magnolia pizzas at lunch are exceptional. We loved them.

There's a great drinks service around the pool, and great views of the surrounding mountains to enjoy while relaxing.

The hotel is close to the little village of Katelios and we walked there every day as it was only 10 to 15 minutes away. There is a lovely bakery on the way, a mini market within 5 minutes and lots of restaurants to choose from at the beach side.

We chose B and B and I'm pleased that we did as it meant that we could choose to eat at some of the lovely nearby restaurants. We also chose to book a premium room, but I'm not sure we'd do that again, as there seems to be too few benefits for the increased cost.

Some reviews are quite negative about the strict organisation here, and while I can see what riles some people, the many rules and the resulting limitations, are not too obtrusive and did not retract from our enjoyment. We did find the breakfast really good as there was a decent choice, though it could be improved with a greater variety of fresh fruit rather than relying too much on tinned, and by the cooked elements being ready on time, rather than 10 to 15 minutes after the due start time.The need to return the rooms key card each day is a pain, but you get used to it and it would be better if the room supply of teas and coffee were more plentiful.

Many people return here year after year and I can understand why. It's a lovely, calm, peaceful, friendly, place in a wonderful location, with just a few little niggles.

Room tip: Top floor rooms have the best views
Trip type: Traveled as a couple