Alkioni Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Ocean View Hotel(Cephalonia)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat pooltop floorcleaned every daylovely little hotelentrance feelinen and towels changed regularlyplenty of sunbedshuge balconyrelaxing holidayself cateringpool and pool areafamily ownersplenty of hot watershort walk to the beachhotel is locatedwithin easy walking distancefirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This place was great. The room was comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful and the pool was brilliant.

There were enough sun loungers for everyone and more spare.

The pool was very deep (I like this, some may not), genuinely about 3 meters. It does have a shallow end though so is good for everyone.

The food was fairly basic, the standard breakfast was ok but not too exciting (just some toast with ham and cheese and some spreads), but then it was quite cheap so can't complain. The coffee was very good.

Breakfast was 8.30 till 10 each morning which suited us well.

The room was an actual double (so often we get twin rooms not doubles, a real gripe of mine) so that was a plus.

The place is literally a five minute walk from the beach, ten if you're a slow walker. The beach area was really good, a long, sand and pebble beach with loungers and non-lounger areas. It is shallow in katelios bay so great for kids.

The local restaurants are great, loads of them along the main strip by the beach front. All decent standard.

We rented a car, I would advise this, mainly because there is much more around the island to see, but you could stay here for a week without wanting to leave if you were after a proper relaxing holiday.

All in all a great find. Would definitely return here if I was staying in katelios again.

- For those who enjoy their gin and tonics I would advise you try them here, although I would suggest having somewhere to sit down afterwards... I've rarely seen a gin and tonic which was more gin than tonic being poured by a barman. Fantastic stuff.

Room Tip: We had a 'land view' and It was still great, the rooms actually all face the same way, just you can't quite see the sea from the bottom floor. I didn't see the sea view so can't comment on that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank El_ferrito
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Quiet, friendly, clean, and gorgeous grounds and pool, the Alkioni is to be recommended for anyone thinking of going to Katelios. Nothing is any trouble for the lovely couple who run this place. It's not too far from the beach and wonderful restaurants. Would certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Alkioni is everything I need from a hotel - clean beds, plenty of hot water, shady room and fresh towels daily. The breakfasts were plentiful and the staff and owners friendly and accomodating. I've never spent time by a pool before but the surroundings were so relaxing I sat there instead of staying on the beach as the views all around were amazing. It was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alison M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at the Alkioni from 27th August to 10th September 2013.
We had one of the most relaxing and perfect holidays we have had. Jacqueline, her family and staff are very welcoming and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable and nothing was too much trouble. They are always ready to help and very accommodating. The hotel is very good, pool is great, bar is fine and you can get cooked snacks,Greek salads, drinks etc and enjoy them under the welcoming shade of the vine covered patio area by the pool. All rooms face South so you get sun all day long. There are shaded grass and tree areas around the pool should you want to get out of the sun for a while.

Our room (we are not going to tell you the number lol) was excellent, the bed was a dream very comfortable with big bounce back pillows, towels and bedding changed several times a week and cleaned and bins emptied every day by friendly room staff.

Very conveniently Jerry's Taverna sits just across the road and serves excellent food and the portions are pretty big if you are a big eater. Next door to Jerry's is a Bakery, open for most of the day and evening. 100 yards further up the road is a well stocked mini-market. Only 5-10 minutes walk (depending on your age!) takes you to Katelios beach front with it's beach side tavernas, cafe's and a couple of bars. Everything is low-key in Katelios, so if you are looking for a relaxed and laid back holiday you just found it. We speak from experience having travelled to many Greek Islands since 1983. The Island of Kefalonia itself is very beautiful with many special places to visit. Hire a car if you can. We very much recommend Venus Cars run by Kostas who a number of times has given us a good deal and service (booked direct from the UK).

With free Air con and free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel including the rooms and even round the pool ----- WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE

( We have already booked to return next year) ;o)

Pat and Dave Hudson

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Returned from this lovely little hotel the other day after my 10 day visit to Kefalonia, it's my 8th visit to the island, so I know my stuff when it comes to Kefalonia. The family who own this hotel are very charming and hard working, nothing is to much trouble. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis, towels seem to be changed every other day. The bar is nice, but seemed to close early in the evening, might due to it being late in the season when I stayed there. The only reason why I'm not giving it a 5 rating is the pool area is looking a little shabby. I don't think it was cleaned at all whilst I was there, a large amount of fallen leaves had collected at one end, and the water did start to turn green, both not good signs. They could invest in some new loungers and parasols as well. I would be happy to stay at the Alkioni again, they just need to sort the pool out more regularly, other than that, this is a superb hotel...

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have the best view over the village and out to sea, however there is no lift, so you will have to drag your suitcase up the stairs..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple