“Great Location and Service - Average Food”
Review of Golden Bay

Golden Bay
Ranked #104 of 207 Restaurants in Moraira
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the restaurant quarter of Moraira
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Golden Bay is located opposite the castle in Moraira and has a great view of the Med. We went here as a last minute this as I have always thought the place looked a bit dated. We sat outside at first as it was a warm afternoon. The table and chairs outside has seen better days! We had 'crispy duck' as a starter. It was disappointing. The duck was a a bit chewy and a sliced duck breast, not the usual shredded breast. Pancakes were rubbery (no pun intended) and thin. We went inside for main as the temp had dropped. The inside was pleasant but again dated. The food was a bit 'gelatinous'. However, saying all this the service was faultless and very friendly. If these guys modernised the place and upped their game on the food they would have a real stunning.

2  Thank Ianinspain

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Golden Bay is located right on the seafront at Moraira. We dined here three a must itime on a recent visit to Moraira. Each time the servce was of a very high standard together with excellent food well prepared and delicately spiced. Very good value indeed a must if you visit Moraira.

1  Thank gibsongirl123
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We like to eat Chinese food on average once a month and always prefer the Golden Bay to other Chinese restaurants in the Moraira area, the price is excellent as we usually have the banquet meals for a fantastic €11.50 each, the service is friendly and efficient and the views over the sea and the castle are some of the best in town. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Mark P
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wouldn't usually eat Chinese when abroad but as a Glen Miller tribute band was playing on a stage across the road we though we'd give it a go and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food. Its nothing fancy but all the dishes that came out were shared and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.

2  Thank Tech17
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I am so sad to read to the last review on this restaurant, i do not understand what could have happened on that day? My husband and i have just been this week, after i had been with a friend a few days earlier and could not wait for my husband to try this wonderful food.
On my first visit, my friend and i had the set Indonisean meal for 2(9.95euro p.p.) i chose the starter of ''hot & sour'' soup, of which i class myself as as expert,and my friend had pancake roll. Both were fantastic, very fresh clean tastes.O.k. the soup and roll lacked an abundance of meat or prawns, but costing has to be a great factor at these prices, and in my opnion, the overall taste and presentation did not suffer.We followed with an array of delightful tasting and looking dishes presented on a platter, with noodles and rice, beautiful.This was followed by a chose of coffee or icecream, we had coffee as were too full for anything else.
my husband and i went for an early doors evening meal a few days later.This time we went for the cantonese set meal for two and were not dissapointed, my husband thought the spring rolls were the best he had ever had!!
tHE ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT WAS THAT WE WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN!!!
So come on folks give them a chance to show how diffrent they are, you will not be dissapointed, as long as you keep in mind the price you are paying.We are going again a.s.a.p.

, ,