“15 Euro set lunch”
Review of D'gust

D'gust
Ranked #35 of 207 Restaurants in Moraira
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

nice place to escape for some air con and good food. Starter was a selection of 3 different starters, all of which would have been fine on their own.Fish course then main course and desert.
Great service and value.
One downside . paid by creditcard and machine automaticly converted to GBP at a poor rate.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I visited D'gust on the night of the Euro final. Even when the restaurant got extremely busy the staff were still very attentive and kept checking on us.
The food was excellent. We had prawns and calamari for starts, both of which were cooked very well and the prawns were the tastiest I think I have ever had!
I asked for our waiters recommendations on a main and he suggested the lamb option which is seriously the best lamb I have ever had. The vegetables were also very fresh. My wife went for a fish option that was also cooked to perfection.
When it came to dessert is where they really outshone. My wife had seen a sharing platter that another Trip Advisor user had posted but wasn’t on the menu, on showing the waiter a picture on her phone he went and got what I can only assume was the manager/owner whom disappeared with her phone into the kitchen. 3 minutes later he came back handed the phone took our menus and said no problem. Well what we were presented with 10 minutes later was a dessert feast each. You have to look at the picture I uploaded to appreciate this.
Although on the pricier side, for a great meal it was worth it.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We hadn't booked but enjoyed our food and experience of D'Gust. The staff, owner and his son were attentive and clearly worked as a team to look after us. We didn't however look closely at our bill so can't comment on the hidden charges for the 'treats' but the treats were delicious and our bill wasn't noticeably high at €45 per person including tips. We'd definitely go again to the restaurant but be careful to ensure that we wanted the treats rather than simply accept them.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

seems they have 2 chef's one is exceptional one is dreadfull with an enphisis on the dread.
The Restaurant its self looks the part especially inside. The service isnt bad for Spain its just the food. One meal can be fab the other i wouldnt give to the dog. I have been a number of times as many of my friends have too and we all say the same.

When we sent back the muscles for the 3rd time we were informed sorry they were the last of the bag? OMG lol. I was also a little taken aback when being given a glass of champagne for the mess up i found it on my bill so check yours well.

Expencive, crap food, average service what else do you need to know.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

From the linen table cloths and napkins, the service, quality food and reasonable prices we were in dining heaven! The chef has the experience only found in Michelin star restaurants. We stayed with the menu del dia, as going off piste, to the AL la cart would have hurt the wallet. But we don't mind paying 100 euros for two and having a wonderful time, or paying 80 euros for a disappointing conclusion. But, as we went with the menu del dia, (three course, 15 euros per head) we only paid 46 euros, with beer and 3 glasses of wine. The starter was a selection of 4 treats, red pepper filled with smoked salmon, fresh calamari, a ringed cucumber filled with salad and chicken strips, palm hearts, it was a beautiful display of imagination and very tasty. Main course was a fish rice dish, (arroz caldoso) again perfectly presented, served by the waiter and the flavours were a delight. When you are next in Moraira visit D'gust in the small plaza called Sort, we will return very soon!! Remember to ask for the menu del dia ;-)

2  Thank stevejavea