“Best meal all holiday... Most I've spent also!”
Review of Del Mar

Del Mar
Ranked #80 of 198 Restaurants in Moraira
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Best meal all holiday... Most I've spent also!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a recommendation of friend who lives in area. She pre-booked us a lovely table outside (it didn't look like there were many seats inside). Waitresses were helpful and quick to take drink orders, however as the restaurant became busier the service became less consistent. The special board tempted two in our party (pork belly on coriander rice) and a fillet steak with lobster. However the latter was priced at 84 euros!! I had the fillet steak with Roquefort sauce and can honestly say it was the best steak I've ever had. Well worth the 26.95 price tag! Some of our party opted for duck salad and ceasar salad and I've never seen a portion do big!! I was upset I couldn't fit more in.

I would come back here again for their delicious food. Be prepared to spend however... I did think it was worth every penny! Yum!

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Expensive but good”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were inticed by the specials board (no prices shown). I had the crabcakes followed by the 'specials' lobster and prawn pasta. It was all quite delcious but with the pasta being at more than twice the cost of anything else on the menu, it needed to be.

All our food was good and very well presented but the prices (and believe me I don't mind paying for my food!) would put me off a re-visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Louise J
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent but pricey”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having stumbled upon this restaurant we noticed that they had a 3 course dinner menu for 11€, unfortunately it was only served until 7.30pm. We decided to just have a main course as some dishes were quite pricey, I chose a starter portion of crab & langoustine crepe thinking it might be small so opted for a tomato salad to accompany it, both huge, really tasty and perfectly presented. Worth a visit, would like to try the 3 courses especially at that price!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank juliewilson29
Javea
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant with two friends after it had been recommended to us and we were not disappointed. We made our choice from the extensive 3 course Menu del Dia menu that is served up to 7pm in the evening. The flavours of the food were fantastic as was the presentation and at 11 euros per person, represented unbelievable value for money.
Our waiter was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
The restaurant is situated in a lovely traffic free walking area just opposite the entrance to the port.
We live in Javea and will certainly recommend this restaurant to our friends and hopefully visit again very soon.

Visited August 2013
Moraira, Spain
“Good Service but Very Overpriced”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We'd read a few good reviews about this restaurant so decided to give it a try. We live in Moraira and had never really noticed this place. We ate off the 'A la Carte' menu and because the dishes were so very expensive we decided to just have a main course. I had the 'duck breast' which was around €22 and my wife had the 'Crab Cakes' at €28 (my 6 year old son had sausage and chips).

The duck breast was presented well and came with possibly the smallest blob of veg/potato... My wife's 'crab cakes' (x4) were mostly potato with hardly any crab. There was nothing else but a dip. So this worked out at €7 per crab cake - MEGA EXPENSIVE by any standard. I had a couple of small beers and we shared a desert. All in all the bill was around €90.

There are no views from this place - so all in all you could eat at better places for the money. My advice is avoid the 'A La Carte'.

• Visited July 2013