“Great value with so many great places to eat nearby.staff here are super nice and friendly. Price is amazingly good for such a n”
Review of Gema Hotel

Gema Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Moraira
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here while having work done on my house nearby. Staff great & room just fine. Breakfast was good & value is excellent. Location is superb with tons of places to eat. You can walk into moraira very easily from here & there is supermarkets everywhere. Be careful if the police in this area they go out if the way to justify their own existance.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Pro-Lite B
There are newer reviews for Gema Hotel

Reviewed October 10, 2012

No air conditioning but a quiet ceiling fan did the job. Breakfast, although just a continental, was quite comprehensive. Rooms and public areas were kept very clean. Free Wi-Fi only available in the lobby. Lovely swimming pool in the grounds. Plenty of on site parking. Poor selection of TV channels. All the staff were extremely pleasant. Lots of local bars and restaurants within walking distance as is the sea and beach. Very little, if any, public transport but only £5 by taxi, (just under a mile), to the centre of Moraira for the market and numerous dining places. In summary, the Gema gives a better standard in every way despite its 2 star official status..

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DartmouthResident
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We spent two nights in this hotel. We found friendly and helpful staffs. Room was clean and they changed bath things. Break fast was fresh and many different. We enjoyed natural view from hotel balcon. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vicky s
Reviewed March 29, 2012

On visiting Moraira for just one night on a work related matter I decided to try and keep travel and accommodation costs to a minimum. I therefore did not expect the usual four or five star treatment or surroundings. The room was quite large with a bigger than usual ensuite with shower and corner bath. Everything was clean, especially the bed linen and towels. Breakfast was to an acceptable standard with a good selection to choose from. I would stay here again if my journey was short and work related but not for a family holiday. Thank you though to the staff who are most definitely friendly and helpful. The hotel has great promise if upgraded.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelstopper
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here whilst visiting friends in the area. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was continental but plenty of variety. The staff were extremely helpful and loaned me a phone charger as I had forgotten mine and when my hairdrier tripped the electric, fixed the problem instantly. We paid a great rate for the room and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for a little glance of the sea!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank spainrosie
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Its only a basic hotel but its clean, friendly and efficiently run. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Lovely pool area. Just a nice , happy place to be.

Room Tip: balcony is lovely
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lucy w
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I've just returned from my annual trip to Moraira.

I've never stayed in this hotel and if I'd had a choice I wouldn't have stayed in a 2 star hotel, but as it wasn't me who booked it, I went along with it.

I'm going to give this hotel a fair review as a 2 star and not compare it to my usual choice of a 4/5 star hotel. I'll start with the good points:

- It's very clean
- Service is friendly and prompt, I would even say good
- Location is great - not beach front, but walkable distance to the town
- The pool was clean & loungers were available to sit on
- Breakfast was adequate - there was a lot of variety and I enjoyed it
- It's very quiet - you never hear the road or other guests
- We had hot water (I say this as other reviewers commented this was a problem)
- The room was very spacious and the terrace great to sit on, giving you views across Moraira
- It was reasonably priced

Now onto the not so good things:

- There is no air con - apparently that is normal for a 2 star hotel
- There is no fridge in the room - again normal for a 2 star hotel
- The beds were really uncomfy and neither of us slept well
- The bar area stinks of smoke and indeed some people do smoke in there
- There is no wi fi in the hotel

I think with a little TLC this place could be great, have to agree with another reviewer that it's a bit shabby. I won't be going to the hotel again and the reasons for this are the bar area and no air con.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Reading_Traveller06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moraira
Hotel Swiss Moraira
#3 of 31 in Calpe
AR Galetamar
AR Galetamar
#9 of 31 in Calpe

Been to Gema Hotel? Share your experiences!