“the best view...”

La Bona Taula
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a classy restaurant with good service and good food. There was a bit of internal discussion within the family with some having more success with their dishes than others. It's not fantastic value for money, being at the pricier end of the local restaurants and I don't think it quite warrants the cost. However, the atmosphere and the view were excellent, as was the service.

1  Thank vanessa h

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ended up in this restaurant by chance on our first night in the area. The location is great and the view from the terrace fantastic. As we where hungry and it was late we decided to just stay and have dinner.

Past the shock of the prices we decided to still give it a go. I m on a limited diet and as such went for the simpler ravioli of shrimp and scallop starter. My girlfriend had the beef. When my starter came I realised it was raw. I sent it back stating I cannot have raw seafood and had the tomato soup instead. For a main we had the lobster and the turbot. The lobster was cold, the turbot was nice but the accompanying sides where greasy and too salty.

When the bill arrived they had charged me for the more expensive starter I did not eat. The menu did not specify it was raw. I was then told it was my fault as the menu stated it was. When I asked to see the menu again and confirmed I was right I was told that i was expected to have known it was raw... The service was disappointing, the atmosphere of the place was dull and almost hostile with the looks we got, the food was bland and to be wrongly argued against like that at the end of a meal at such an expensive establishment was shocking. I would like to think the waiter was forced to do so by his manager but either way, there are far better places that offer nicer food, in a nicer atmosphere and for better prices.

2  Thank jpmgr
Reviewed August 19, 2013

once the staff knows you they are extremely welcoming.
The dishes are allways very good ,the plates look very nice.
Except in summer season they also have a very well balanced gourmet menu.Above all this the scenery outside is superb !

Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a gem we found this year on holiday! Beautiful setting, and superb views and sound of the sea. Whilst the food is expensive, it is top quality and beautifully presented and tastes fantastic.The service is impeccable too and also very friendly and relaxed, no rush between courses. We have been lucky enough to have three meals here during our stay and it has been fantastic each time.Carlos, our host has been lovely and we are having our final day dinner there tonight. A special place to eat for a special treat.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Fantastic restaurant overlooking the sea and coastline of Moriara. This restaurant is somewhere to go for a special occasion as more expensive than majority of other restaurants in area having said that it is worth every euro as quality of ingredients are second to none. Food, drinks, service and atmosphere superb and we will revisit next time we are in Moriara.