Tortoise Head Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in French Island
Tortoise Head Lodge
Reviewed January 28, 2009

From the minute we arrived we fell in love with French Island and Tortoise Head Lodge. If you are looking for an experience this is it!!! The accomodation is comfortable and Eco friendly. The food is to die for.. Thankyou Suzanne, wonderful Aussie home cooked meals. An Eco Tour with Rod is a definate must when visiting French Island, informative and Fun!!! We had a ball. If you want to see Koala's this is the place to come ( see photo). We can't wait to come back, next time we will bring the kids. French Island / Tortoise Head lodge once visited , never forgotten.

Thankyou Rod and Suzanne for an unforgettable weekend, We Can't wait to come back.

Mark and Chelsea

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jamos08

Reviewed January 13, 2009

We would like to thank Rod & Suzanne for an amazing weekend , We the oldies enjoyed every minute of the trip, but the young generation enjoyed every minute even before we departed to the island with the expectations of the murder mystery night, the secret of who they were in the play and how would they prepare themselves for the character they were given .
The place was perfect, with the views that invite you to reflect about how busy our lives have become, and the peace, that we felt, the opportunity for the oldies to play again with the
young, and feel young again. And the encounter with nature, with the Koalas that think they are monkeys, see it to believe it.

To Sussan , thank you for the beautiful meals, you conversation and your care, Hope you and Rod will continue with this magnificent project, of entertainment, just amazing!

Thanks Again The Lopez Family

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank econut007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I rung 6 weeks before I was intending to arrive to make sure I had somewhere to stay. So there is no excuse at all for the Lodge to be deserted on my arrival. The island has no public transport and you cant take your car over. so I had to carry over 20kg of bags up to the lodge along a muddy track. I waited for over a hour and no one turned up. There is a sign saying to ring particular numbers if the lodge is empty. That would be ok if you had a cell phone, which I did not. After a hour I decided to walk to the general store. Bear in mind this is 3-4 km away, carrying my bags. I find out from a number of locals that this has happened before. Guest's turn up to find they have no where to stay. Needless to stay I left on the 1pm ferry and i have no intention to return to the island. The ony highlight was seeing 6 wild koala's at the hall. Take this as warning, stay at the other b & b's but stay clear of the Tortoise Head lodge. They are a joke and should be closed down. Looking through the windows and viewing from the outside the place looks ruin down and I think in hindsight they did me a favour as i would have had a terrible stay.

5  Thank trippingkiwi

Been to Tortoise Head Lodge? Share your experiences!