“A great place to relaxe”
Review of McLeod Ecofarm

McLeod Ecofarm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in French Island
McLeod Ecofarm
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We arrived not know what to expect, and left feeling like we had for the first time in a long time spent quality time together as a family! I was also suprised by the negative comments, it sounded like a different place. While it looks like it needs a little bit of TLC, the place is beautiful we had our own beach, heaps of room to explore, walking tracks and a great place to see the stars. My son got to collect the eggs, feed the chickens and hang out with some pigs, he loved it! We all had a great time, thank you to Mark and everyone at McLeods we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leah P
There are newer reviews for McLeod Ecofarm

Reviewed May 21, 2012

First of all: I loved this place! It's exeptional in the most positive way you can think of. The people are friendly, welcoming and special. You can experience a strong feeling for nature but you need to let it happen. I felt very relaxed, strong and like there is more in live than work or money.
I worked there for two weeks and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Caro-K-aus-K
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I'm really surprised by the negative comments, because I had a totally different experience...
We spent with my girlfriend 3 nights/4 days in former prison officer quarters, that's just fun, when you think about it! Plus we could enjoy the tranquility of the place, have a rest on the beach (1 minute walking distance from our room) after a decadent breakfast, biking/hiking in the island, have a play with the animals walking freely in the farm, getting ready for a fully organic dinner, and finish the day in front of a comfy fire. Exhausting.
The owners have been very nice and friendly to us, and we had the opportunity to have a full guided tour of the farm, and know about all their incoming projects.
To sum up, if you are a nightclubber, maybe the place is not appropriate for you, otherwise I'll definitely recommend it.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flaharrague
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Unwelcome. Not worth visiting as workers seemed not interested and unwilling to give a farm tour. Absolutely not money worth! Workers really need to work on the place as it looks worse than the actual prison (back in the old days). Stay away. Not worth the time and money!

• Stayed: April 2012
12  Thank Tripapedia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the McLeod Eco Farm for 3days/2nights in January just after New Years this year. Me and 3 friends slept in the cells, surrounded by nothing but beach, farm and wildlife. During the day it was great to walk through the acres and acres of land, swim in the sea and lake (the later not for the faint hearted!) and kick the football around. At night we had fires on the beach and had a laugh with the backpackers working there. It was all great fun. The sunrise and sun set over the sea is amazing! Mark (the farmer) showed us around the farm. We ate veg, salad and meat produced from the farm. All were amazing! There is only one shop on the whole Island, so take everything you need. The weather helped being hot for the days we were there. We couldn't believe this was just an hour journey from Frankston. Especially when the stars are out at night, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Stay in the 'Guest House' if you want an indoor open fire and the cells if you want to spend...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BristolBosh
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I totally agree with the other negative reviews. In addition to what has been written by others, the owner gave me the creeps, and was so enthralled with his own dogma (in his book, "Eve's Secret"--which was given to us within minutes of arrival, and was so offensive and poorly written--especially, but not limited to, the chapter about what women should do to have a better sex life) that he missed the whole point of what we were interested in (which was the organic garden). A major warning: If you are offered reiki by the owner and the female manager, do NOT do it. It is not reiki; it is pure crap! It was, I was told, their "own version" of reiki. Really uncomfortable (crystals, chanting of "ohm" and touching---all not part of reiki). I was so happy to get out of this place! (Food was good, but not worth all the rest of the creepiness!)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank hilarys
Reviewed February 11, 2012

McCleod Farm is NOTHING like the web page. It's completely run down and lacked the basic necessities, such as coffee!
I felt the place had a very creepy vibe, originating from author and owner Mark Cunningham. He wrote a book called "Eve's secret" from a message he was given from Mother Earth to help liberate women!!! I only discovered this AFTER my stay on the farm.
In my opinion no man should write a book on "liberating" women!
There were so many young overseas travellers looking to extend their visas who worked on the farm for nothing and I also felt this was suspect. I would not return and obviously I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Explorer280

Been to McLeod Ecofarm? Share your experiences!