Punthill Burwood
Burwood East Motel(Burwood)(Great Value!)
$78
$86
$84
Art Series - The Chen(Box Hill)(Great Value!)
$75
$78
Hotwire.com
$117
$112
  • Room Service
Clarion Hotel on Canterbury(Forest Hill)(Great Value!)
$270
getaroom.com
$89
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Novotel Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
$158
$137
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsbedroom apartmentdeakin universitytram stopreception staffgreat apartmentgood sizeminute walkwalking distanceeasy accessfree wifigreat positionsecure car parkfacing the main roadoutdoor areamicrowave ovenpublic transportstayed for nights
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed one night for a business trip, found the room was a bit tired looking, bathroom & kitchen good but carpet and lounge were a bit shabby. Very comfortable bed & quiet. Had breakfast and wasn't asked how I wanted my eggs, they came poached which was good, so I was happy, but my table was never cleared from the people before me, I sort of piled the dirty dishes and put it on the edge of the table, it still was not cleared.
Gym was poorly equipped, treadmill looked as though it needed an upgrade.
Wouldn't go back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Burwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear dorothyma,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding Punthill Burwood.
We are in fact well into a refurbishment at Punthill Burwood. Almost half of the apartments have had furniture re-covered, and have also been repainted and re-carpeted. This certainly makes a huge difference.
The breakfast cook is new and clearly needs more training. This will take place right away.
We have already obtained quotations for replacement of gym equipment. We are awaiting one more quote and will then proceed with replacement of some items.
We do hope that you will return to the property and would appreciate a direct call to our General Manager so that we can ensure you receive a refurbished apartment if you do decide to stay with us in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great accommodation—Punthill is centrally located, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff are really lovely and helpful. Parking is off the street in a basement carpark, which is private and secure. My only complaint is a minor one—the TV was balanced on the edge of the desk, which made working a bit difficult at times! Otherwise, I would definitely recommend Punthill, and will certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back—these are quieter and you get a great view of the courtyard!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alyson M
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Burwood, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Alyson M,
Thank you for your review of Punthill Burwood on TripAdvisor.
Our staff at Punthill Burwood Apartment Hotel will be thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and that our on site car parking came in handy during your time at the property. Next time you visit you may even be tempted to take a dip in the outdoor spa in the courtyard!
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked family members into a one bedroom apartment for 2 nights while we were renovating. Trying to extend for another 2 nights was not easy - payment options were to either go and pay in person or email/fax with copies of my credit card and driver's license. Amazed they didn't accept credit card details over the phone or online for extra nights.
The apartment itself was lovely but parking was appalling due to a conference being run at the same time. The management/reception staff were not particularly friendly nor helpful. When I extended my relatives stay the room entry card was not automatically updated and hence my rellies found themselves locked out when they returned after 10 pm! Staff were not pleased to have to deal with it and said they should have updated the card at 10 am (when we didn't know at that point that they would be staying an extra night!) Internet was expensive and not Mac friendly. When we went to visit my rellies in their apartment there was a certain air of disapproval from Reception at us going beyond the foyer (maybe because there were 6 of us). Shame as the apartment and servicing were all great, but not the reception/management staff, parking, or payment options to extend. Nor the general lack of welcome.

Room Tip: Book at the back and maybe think about booking somewhere else if you expect to have friends or family come visit you
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My first visit here for work and I would definitely recommend this place! Great location, tram stop is just outside the apartment, across the road. The staff is friendly and accommodating especially James, he answered questions patiently and was very helpful. The 1 bedroom apartment that I stayed in had all the facilities you'll ever need; tv, fridge, washing machine, iron, microwave, dishwasher, and many more. Clean and tidy. Superb place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Evelynn24
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed at these apartments twice now. Both times were great. Rooms are nicely set up. Thought good value for money. Very accessible. On-site parking underneath a real bonus. Service was good. Easy to book on-line. Definitely recommend this motel to anyone staying in the Burwood area. It's just such a breeze to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple