“A passion for pastry”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Valtournenche
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

You can taste the passion for making dough in all their products. The crust of their Torte del Nonna is perfection! Friendly staff, the owner is a Dutch women who arrived in Italy in 2003. Good selection of teas. Perfect for lunch, a beer or late afternoon snack when returning from the piste. The furnace brings a nice warm atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Out of season the area is very quiet and lots of places are closed, we had a choice to go back down the hill or up towards the Matterhorn, I am so glad we did.

Stunning views of the Matterhorn, pizza amazing but for me the winning elements were the owner, a gentle Dutch lady and the beautifully boxed and wrapped panettone, my favourite cake.

Her and her husband Mr Flamini moved from Tuscany so the pure air up near the Matterhorn would induce a more naturally prove to their panettone.

Obviously I purchased a boxed one, Chocolate Chip, sadly she could not sell me one of the beautifully wrapped chestnut panettone as they were destined for London.

I'd you are in this area you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for a drink as the restaurant is located across from the parking for a number of hiking routes. I saw people eating pizza and ordered one. Turns out it's very very special. I've eaten pizzas all over the world and there's always the question of where's the best one? In Napoli? nY?? It's here! I had to go inside to see if there's a special wood burning oven, or what? (No there isn't ). I complemented the owner and she said they make a special dough with Soy, that they prove twice, and bake precisely in a modern electronic controlled oven. The result is fantastic, very light and crispy, large serving . Fresh sauce. At. 5 euro it's a steal and would cost 3-4x in the city if anyone could reproduce the quality.
We also ordered a salad that was special with berries and cheese.
The place is actually a bakery and I have to assume the other items are just as special.
A gem of a place !

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

One year later, I find myself back in this lovely forno. Little has changed, we went for the usual, a focaccia with prosciutto and fontina, a pizza margherita, their excellent salads, and we took away some of their sweet delicacies. All quality stuff.
Courtesy from everybody as always, except the gruff owner himself, but he may have been on a bad day - he seems to be moody. No matter.
Now there is also a 'relaxation area' outside which makes the place, despite the incessant traffic up and down from Cervinia, even more relaxing!

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank thoughtfuldiner
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Enjoyed eating a couple of times there together with kids. Food is simple, fresh, tasty and generous portioned. Deserts are very good and freshly baked. Nothing more to add ... Just go there, enjoy the meal, the atmosphere and the surroundings. We have feel welcomed and left the table all very satisfied. Thanks!

Date of visit: April 2017