We booked a lastminute weekend away at Dalmahoy, and generally enjoyed our time at the hotel, with a few small annoyances....
Dalmahoy is an old castle-style building with a large adjoining annexe building that houses the leisure facilities and most of the hotel accommodation. The reception area is in the old building and it's a couple of minutes walk through to the accommodation area. The rooms are fairly standard for a Marriott, with a large bed, desk, seats, and a good sized TV. There was a radiator (it is Scotland!) but the room was fairly well insulated and we certainly weren't cold. See photos for a better idea of the layout etc.
The hotel is set in some very nice grounds, and there's a golf course and (separate) driving range on site too. There's a large swimming pool with a sauna and steam room. This was a very busy and popular part of the hotel, but it's big enough to cope comfortably with large numbers of guests. Despite how busy the hotel seemed to be we had a good sleep and weren't aware of any noise etc.
Dining in the hotel has a few issues. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table in one of the hotel restaurants, and then almost gave up waiting for our food to be served once we had ordered! In the morning the breakfast arrangement was chaotic, with so many people queuing for a table that a separate room was allocated for waiting in. I wouldn't say the mealtime experiences ruined our stay, but I do think it's unreasonable for a hotel that's relatively remote to be unable to cope with guests wanting dinner and breakfast!
Overall we enjoyed this short break in Dalmahoy (which is relatively close to home for us), but they really need to up their game with the restaurants if we are to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton