We had a single night stay in one of the suites - dinner, bed and breakfast.
The hotel itself is old but serviceable, the building shows its age with creaky floors, cranky lifts and a maze of corridors going in odd directions. The room itself had all the amenities you would expect including TV, Coffee/Tea facilities, safe, iron and board, hairdryer, decent amount of toiletries, etc. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy but showing their age a little.
We had a meal in the Pentland restaurant which was well staffed and had a nice ambience, but we did have to wait an age to be seated, but once sorted staff we attentive and happy to help. The food selection was small and a bit boring to be honest. If you didn’t want fish or game you were left with steak or vegetarian. I opted for the steak and by itself it was a £29 main course. The steak was dry and lifeless and presented with a lumpy potato side and some vine tomatoes for a little bit of colour, otherwise the meal could have been in black and white. It tasted in black and white like someone had turned the taste down to zero.
The deserts were much better, but the selection was a bit dull too. I felt that there should have been a few more modern dishes on the menu as the restaurant was aiming at the older end of the market and was overpriced for what they were offering.
The breakfast the following morning was much better, it had a wide selection of traditional English/Scottish and plenty of fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, breads, etc. If only the dinner menu was more up-to-date like the breakfast.
It’s unlikely I’ll choose to stay in this hotel again as it’s too far to eat somewhere else.
Wifi was £6 per hour - comically expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton