Firstly, the downsides. The hotel is slightly aged, although still extremely nice - the fixtures in fittings in places are showing significant signs of age, and not in the good way.
Secondly, the Wifi is expensive at £15, given this is outside of Edinburgh city, and local coffee shops/pubs with Wifi are quite some drive away then it's worth factoring this into the cost of you're trip here. We refused to pay this price, just due to value!
Other than that, it is extremely comfortable and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. We stayed during Winter, but can see this would be a fantastic retreat to come to during the summer, and the grounds are fantastic. For those interested, there is also on site church!
We found that a car was essential, although be warned that it is several miles to Edinburgh city centre, but Stirling, Glasgow and Livingston are all within a short drive. Livingston in particular is a shorter distance just for a coffee or a lunch. There is also a Carvery Pub opposite named Ratho Park (Crown Carveries) if you are looking for something close by.
However, there is a bus stop close by, and the Park and Ride is 3 miles down the road.
The Spa (run by another business) was poor, however - did not take the time advertised for the massage for my other half, and is poorly equipped to offer the range that is advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton