If you are looking to base yourself amongst good golfing country then The Dalmahoy is a great choice. Added to which, the golf courses at the hotel are great fun and good standard.
The hotel was clean and super friendly service.
The downside is the the hotel gets so much occupancy, that it looks like its always a wee bit tired.
That said, the food was great and the rooms were comfortable.
Just be aware that this is a wedding hotel and there are always functions at the weekend which means that the corridors can be noisy with returning guests at 3 o clock in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Scotland/Kirknewton