“Good deal”
Review of Ashoka Shak - Livingston - CLOSED

Ashoka Shak - Livingston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The first Ashoka Shak opened in 2001. Since then, the concept has been completely refined with a sassy new design. The Ashoka Shak came to Livingston in December 2002 at the McArthurGlen Retail Outlet, to spice up the lives of the curry lovers in Livingston. Why not try the Grand Buffet and give yourself a delicious treat? The mention of Ashoka conjures up images of Indian cuisine at its best. Their reputation for quality and service is legendary, with authentic home-style cooking from every region of India. The team wishes you a warm welcome to the Ashoka Shak and invite you to savour this exciting journey into the delectable delights of the truly authentic Indian menu.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a Groupon voucher which made a very good deal for 2 curries, rice and naan. The food was very nice.
The waiting staff, seemed to me the manager, was very keen for us to have extras such as a starter and dessert - I suppose to make some money - but too pushy for my liking. We did have popadoms and onions and drinks to pay for.
The restaurant was a touch chilly plus there was not a lot of room in the booth we were sitting in but a good experience otherwise.

3  Thank PartTimer33
There are newer reviews for Ashoka Shak - Livingston

Reviewed February 13, 2013

i went here with my mum dad brother and my baby girl. my dad and brother went for the buffet which they said the food was lovely with a great choice and fresh cooked they also said the fresh naan bread was great too. and my mum and i went for the menu the food was lovely and great value from the menu the staff are some of the most pleasant i have every met nothing is to much trouble and if your not to sure what kind of curry to go for they are happy to help you pick one you will like

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The worst Asian place I went for food! Shopping for hours in the centre my little seven year old sister demanded food. Thinking about the brand title and the very friendly staff we waled in and paid £8 for buffet lunch. Only to find they had two veg and two meat starters where the meat started we're SAME with one chicken in boneless and the next one with bone. There wasn.t much left. The main meal was a disappointment the worst daal I have tasted. The nan breads were cold and hard the rice felt and tasted as if it had been rolled on the floor before serving. Then the rest of the night after returning home we spent all in the toilet. Please save your £8 and eat deep fried lard rather than going in there! My family owns chains of restaurent but this branch is a let down to the curry industry!

3  Thank Nazia S
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Super self-service lunchtime buffet. As much as you can eat for under £8 and always a good choice including lovely fresh-from-the- oven nan bread.

1  Thank Alasdair M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Wife and I found this little gem a few years back, now we travelto Livingston on a regular basis for shopping trips, if I am honest the fact that we can eat at the Ashoka Shak has more than a little bit to do with us heading there. The food is brilliant,we have never had a bad meal and the staff are some of the most pleasant I have ever met, add to that the reasonable prices and the Ashoka Shak has a winning formula for us.