Rater Tara Diner Rabi Resort
$27
$45
$40
Priceline
Hotel Galaxy Inn(Durgapur)(Great Value!)
$12
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest housefirst floorflower gardenthe ownerplace to stayfull bloommini fridgekitchen gardenbengali fooddry areaevery saturdaysupport staffpleasant experiencehomely foodhomely staybolpur stationpoush mela
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Very beautiful place, neat and clean. Staff is very Courteous and good service... Best stay in Shantiniketan...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Me and my wife was on a week end tour during 11th/12th Nov. I must say , this small homestay is indeed value for money. I have stayed in different countries in the world and have seen different star hotel accommodation, my experience here was really refreshing. Here is what you will get here -

1. Affordable family stay
2. Awesome bengali food
3.Very friendly staffs
4. Refreshing experience

And you wont get -

1. Five star facilities like swimming pool/Bar/Disco/Spa
2. Polished english speaking staffs
3. Intercomm (shout aloud , some will come to your rightway!)

Overall, if you are looking for a polished five star experience , please dont go there, but if you are looking for an homely atmosphere , where you can relax and enjoy good time with your near and dear ones,, please dont hesitate to call Mr Banerjee and book the room and if you stay here please dont eat out, I think their food is their USP.

I strongly recommend this property to all and I will come here again and again,

Arindam

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arindam_kar
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We visited Shantiniketan immediately after the Durga Puja festival in Kolkata. It was a full family affair so we had booked the entire guest house. There are a number of accommodation options, including rooms with double beds, triple beds and even a suite with four beds.
The rooms are large and were very clean. There are all the basic facilities as well. However do not expect any luxuries. The beds are comfortable and large too so for a single night two adults and a child can fit in without too much of a squeeze.
Breakfast was included in our package but it's a very ordinary affair with just toast, omlette, a few fruits and tea or bad coffee on offer.
The guest house offers parking space too but there is no separate garage or anything. The cars are left lined behind each other on the drive way itself. The compound though is fairly large with decent lawns on either side of the drive way. The best part of this guest house is the huge balcony overlooking the driveway and the lawns. A fine seating arrangement exists for pre- or post dinner get togethers. This though would be possible only if one is going in a large group.
On the downside, the guest house is a little away from the hubbub of the main town. That also means that it isn't particularly easy to get transport into the main town. However it is close to the Prantik railway station, which is a plus.
My recommendation would be you stay here if you're travelling in a large group, like we did, and if you're travelling by road or if you've already arranged for transport during your stay in Shantiniketan.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank AnindaS
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Having gone through the reviews and ranking decided to book rooms well in advance in January 2012. When i called up at the mobile no of the owner Mr Banerjee and asked about the room rates .He mentioned it was Rs 1250 per night for non ac double deluxe and he gave me the office number in Kolkata so i could contact and book in advance by paying 50 %

When I reached the office to book the rooms prepared with the cash. The office man told it is 2000 per night...........he also called up the owner ................when I spoke to him ..............he admitted his mistake .......but said he cannot consider Rs1250 rate . Since we had a budget I requested him to please consider the rate but he was impolite and did not adjust for his own mistake.

I returned home upset about the entire situation..............it was a wastage of time and energy to go all the way to their office. We could have decided on some other place that suited our budget.

This kind of unprofessional behaviour was not expected from the owner.

Room Tip: Please be check the rates from the office because the owner of the guest house does not know the rates himself properly.
Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Juhin
RTDR, Owner at Rater Tara Diner Rabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

The lady, who has provided this review, was never stayed as couple in our guest-house in December 2010 as claimed in review and this can be verified from our guest register.

Our rate is same for every guest and rates are changeable occasion to occasion i.e. it varies during festivals like Pous Mela, Basanto Utsav (Holi Festival), Durga Puja and also at season time. This can be verified from other similar establishments doing business in Santiniketan.

She was insisting for lower rate, which we used to offer at off-season where both my office staff and my self told our inability to provide any discount at season, which perhaps was not acceptable to her and she didn’t book any room stating that the rate is not suitable to her. Neither my office staff nor my-self told to her over phone any amount other than our usual rate. Our tariff for January- March is about 25% more than usual rate and she was told by me over telephone about it very clearly. During the course of discussion over phone neither I have misbehaved nor was I impolite as alleged.

This is not correct that I don’t know the rates of the guest-house to provide it correctly to my prospective customers, as I am carrying always a printed tariff and booking position with me so that I may provide correct figures to my guests in case of necessity.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have choosed this resort through internet.Really speechless services we got.
To say about the rooms - Really that was the definition of the comfort.
To say about Environment - Really take a break for a complete greenery.
To say about Foods - We didnt distinguish from our home.Everyday we got a special dishes on our request.

Apart from that we got a special attention from every body in the hotel.
To say in one word that was amezing.

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST EVERY COUPLE, EVERY FAMILY AND EVRY PERSONS TO STAY HERE AND ALSO DEFINITELY TAKE THE FOOD THROUGH THEM.

ARGHYA BOSE