“Mixed Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Warangal
Anand, India
“Mixed Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I will start with the positive side:
1- The property is a huge one with spacious rooms
2- Housekeeping is good
3- It is neat and clean
4- Decorations are good and aesthetically fine

And now areas of improvement
1- Service is very poor and you will have to tell them 3-4 times before it is done. When you want plain bread, they serve toast. When you say No Masala in the tea they only pick up the word 'Masala' and serve you tea with heavy masala

2- Things are not clarified at the beginning. They did not tell me the tariff of the room clearly

3- BEWARE- the juice and butter milk are NOT included in complimentary breakfast although it is mentioned nowhere and seldom anyone tells you. They tell you guests are supposed to know

4- The lift is the MOST UNRELIABLE thing in the world. It was not working just like two other reviewers have mentioned. And the day it was supposedly repaired, it again did not work. All the three days we stayed we had walk up and down the three storeys.

5- Lights in staircase remain switched off during wee hrs of morning and I had a great difficulty in walking down at 5:30 when I had to go out for an earlyu morning visit. I had to use my torch/ mobile.

6- Even if you have mentioned your name in CAPITAL letters during check in they can spell it wrong. So be very cautious. Could be troublesome for your official bills

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Many people suggested this hotel before going to warangal. The hotel lobby and restaurant was ok,. but rooms are very bad.. I saw around 3 to 4 rooms none of the rooms were good. bad foul smell all around. balcony is available for some rooms but not clean.

Well suited for bachelors to hangout but not for families. Stay away from this hotel if you are looking for your family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vikas31
Mumbai, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel was very filthy and not at all comfortable for sleep.

Sleep material was very hard and mattress was also dirty.

I would not recommend anybody to stay in this place and I am sure there must be better options available in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AmitKhandelia
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We just got back from a trip to Warangal - chose to stay here even though someone suggested Haritha Hotel. Bad decision. Hotel lobby and the rooms are neat, but customer service is really bad and everything falls apart in the bathroom. Toilet flush pumps water so forcefully, it spills everywhere. We have to ask for extra towel - there is only one towel in the bathroom. They brought in one towel and forgot to bring the soap. Then they brought in one soap - no other toiletries. There is a tub with no shower curtain. There is no hot water in the evening - if you prefer, they will bring it in a bucket. Toilet flush stopped working in the morning and it seems that they had water problem. We just stayed one night and I am glad to be out of there. Two stars because of the cleanliness of the lobby and rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our agency in Delhi informed us by phone the lift at the Suprabha was not working and they would look for another hotel in Warangal for us before we arrived for check-in. It might have been better if they had found somewhere else.

Meanwhile our driver took us to the Suprabha, which seemed to have no record of our reservation, though the lift was working, but balkily. It proved to be easier to walk the stairs which we did throughout our stay here.

We looked at a couple of rooms in different price ranges. 206 was the better room, spacious, rather barren, with a slightly under-attended bathroom with tub but no shower curtain. It looked at the busy road from the side of the hotel. 203 was smaller and cheaper but right on the busy road. We opted for 206. Our agency in Delhi spoke with management and set them straight since they said we would have to pay for the room though it had already been paid for at booking. On the whole, check-in was not a pleasant experience.

We came to Warangal for the sites, and they were excellent. The hotel was not.

The restaurant was curiously under lighted, though we had chosen to sit in one of the brighter areas. The service is reasonably formal for what we’d expected in the back woods. The food was nothing to write home about - service was slow, the breakfast poha was so overly salted that we couldn't choke it down, the toast was cold...

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the noisy road. If you have difficulty with stairs, ask about the lift...
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was there on business and wanted to stay for a couple of days. I had reserved the room during the day and notified for a late night check in. After a long 8 hour travel, only got to the hotel around 330am. At check-in, the receptionist had given allocated a room and then another person came by and informed that this room is under maintenance and the other 2 available rooms were also under maintenance. they gave me one of the rooms and when got into the room - no towels were there, was please to see a bath tub but it was very sirty and the edges were worn out and filled with dirt, no hot water was there, no water, AC was not functioning properly.

Then after a lot of cribbing, they moved me to another room which was better than the previous, at least the bed and AC were working. With the fatigue I was in, just knocked out. Next morning, I was late for my business meetings and wanted to get ready quickly only to find out that hot water was not working, I was so ricked off as I aboslutely needed hot water. I took cold water shower and went down to complain - the receptionist obliged and said that the room will be shifted. I left the hotel just to find a new hotel next door - Haritha Kakatiya managed by APTDC. I checked in there and it was a perfect stay there...i checked out of Suprabha and they would not even give me the discount they promised when I had reserved the room....so very very bad experience:(

Room Tip: Not a good place to stay - old and dirty
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Krish P
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Suprabha is located on the main road, Hanumakonda/Warangal. I stayed here 2 nights from 20th July to 22nd July. I have booked a double room online and the experience of booking was good. I opted initially Delux Double Room Which I do not find in good shape after check in. I upgraded to Delux Comfort and the room size bigger enough and well cleaned. We checked in around 7.30 pm and wanted to take a shower after 4 hours of drive. we were not getting hot water initially thought colud be some problem, when called house keeping the guy informed that hot water is available only in the morning between 7 - 11 am which is very disappointing and not expected with 3 star rated hotel. Subsequently I managed to get the hot water delivered in couple of buckets. In the morning, we went to have our B/F and faced second surprise. B/F is not buffet and more over they are offering only few varieties which is very unusual in star rated hotel. Their only functioning elevator will test our patience. Overall the experience of stay is not that great, especially when you look at Price Vs Value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warangal
No photo provided
#5 of 38 in Warangal
Srinidhi Residency
Srinidhi Residency
#1 of 3 in Bhadrachalam

Been to Hotel Suprabha? Share your experiences!