“Gordon Ramsey needed ASAP”
Review of Horse and Jockey - CLOSED

Horse and Jockey
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: All day every day we serve delicious traditional pub favourites plus a good selection of "Specials" which appear on our blackboards and change regularly. On Sunday's, in addition to our usual menu and Specials we also offer a choice of roasts with seasonal accompaniments.
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Aweful!!!!cheap food, at expensive prices

Don't eat in this place, kids serving food, flys everywhere

This place was empty, so we tryed our luck, wish we had gone to KFC,

Wow this place has gone downhill bigtime

5  Thank alex p

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Cheap pub grub, good portions. Sunday lunch menu (jockey feast) is a unmissable gut buster... And nicely cooked... No frills food..

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Had dinner here last evening (03/05/14) and I was looking forward to my main course of chicken and bacon pasta in a rich creamy sauce. I was expecting something like a carbonara. What I got was a bowl of shredded chicken, some bacon and about 6 pasta shells in a watery sauce, chips, peas and salad. I sent it back as it was uneatable. To be fair I was offered something else from the menu but as my partner was halfway through his main dish I didn't want to wait a further 15-20 mins whilst they prepared me another one. Thankfully they didn't charge us for my main course.
On the plus side the staff were very polite and efficient.

3  Thank brightonboy2017
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Just having ate in the Horse & Jockey i 'd like to share my experience .

A group of friends met for a meal to finish off the Easter break.
1 meal was returned due to an over cooked baked potato, which as I see it each paying customer has their right to be satisfied.
A good 8 minutes passed by and we were still waiting for the meal to return with chips instead of spud!

My friend decided to cancel her meal to which the manager then tried to make her pay for it, when she challenged this he was rude, ignorant and spoke in a down right disgusting way to a woman. He also 'barred' this person from entering the premises again.

How someone can be barred for having an opinion , and refusing to pay for a meal that isn't cooked to satisfaction is beyond me!!
I hope no one else has this experience from such a vile man!!

6  Thank Ian B
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Just having ate in the Horse & Jockey i 'd like to share my experience .

A group of friends met for a meal to finish off the Easter break.

I hope no one else has this experience from such a vile man!!

6  Thank Ian B