“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of India Garden - CLOSED

India Garden
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Welcome to India Garden Indian Restaurant and Takeaway, a family run establishment specialising in award winning Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine, serving the town of Pontypool, and continues to be instrumental in changing perceptions of the subcontinent’s cuisine.The restaurant offers a sophisticated fine dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, discreet service and tantalising food that few can compete with. That is the combination to ensure guests come back for more.
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Came here for my fathers birthday and I have to say it was yet another absolutely lovely meal! Exceptionally good price, with friendly staff who aren't afraid to go out of their way for you, very clean and tidy with a lovely ambience. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
Armaan Q, Owner at India Garden, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Rachel G,
Thank you very much for the fabulous review and we are so glad that you and the family enjoyed the evening.
We hope to welcome you soon.
Kind regards
Armaan Quadri

Pontypool, United Kingdom
“I can't believe I haven't eaten here before!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having read the reviews we thought we'd try the India Garden instead of our usual takeaway. I'm so glad we did - the food was amazing, probably the best curry I've had in Wales. The staff were very friendly and helpful too. I particularly recommend the honey duck.

• Visited January 2014
“Best Indian in Wales!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been there a few times and its amazing. Great for familys and romantic eveving the prices are cheap, and the interior is welcoming. Armaan gives a great service to his customers. the chef is amazing at what he does! The dishes are well portioned and you can really taste the spices. Absolutely fab! Hope they're in business a long time as they are the best Indian curry house in Wales!

Mayenne
“A secret worth sharing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love Indian food. The food from the India Garden is excellent. High on a hill next to Pontypool you would never expect to find an Indian restaurant, let alone one of this high standard. Good food, well cooked. Elegantly decorated and furnished, spotlessly clean. Everyone who works there efficient and courteous, and the prices are very acceptable.

• Visited October 2013
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Oh dear could have flown a quarter of the way to India....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Tut tut tut Saturday night ordering in a delivery inside Pontypool at 5.30pm and told an hour to wait (12/10/13). After an hour and a half ring up and its left???? Two and a quarter hours later from ordering we eventually get a luke warm curry. Very poor and probably constitutes a Health & Safety violation. Wont use again!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Armaan Q, Owner at India Garden, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Kevin S,

I am extremely sorry that you had to experience such service which I totally agree with you and would not want it myself. We like to get things right all the time but sometimes it can get out of our hands. I had a chance to find out what was the problem here and the delivery driver said the post code took him to a wrong address. This cannot be an excuse and totally unacceptable for the level of standard we want to keep for our business. I do apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you and want to assure you that we will do our best not to repeat such things in the future. I can fully understand your refusal of getting another meal by my colleague after your complaint but all I would ask you to give us a chance by trying us again.

Please feel free to contact me directly and hope we can come to a solution.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards